CODEBREAKER COMMENTS ABOUT BEALE CIPHERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to repeat the below for one last time in reply to you, if you followup with a reply that repeats the same thing you've said for the past 500 posts I'm going to put you on ignore like I did with scoop.

The Beale Ciphers are not only solvable, they've been solved at least once, and possibly more than once.

But you'll have to wait for my book if you want the proof of that. No spoilers on this site.

I know they can be decoded, but after 200 years I have no clue if the treasure would be there still . I only look at being the one who decoded the ciphers to start and one day if I get a chance to find what is left over from people digging everywhere for 200 years or so well that would be nice . The first page will show a epitaph/death poem on it if decoded right . I may publish some of the first page then when someone else decodes it, that will prove I did it first .

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

I have found the key to each cipher and according to them, I need to show them my decoded cipher to prove I did it . LOL they will probably never see it, but one day it will be verified just not by some poster on a forum . :laughing7::thumbsup:
On another thread, Tad10 claims that you and Legrand have NOT deciphered the Beale codes, and will prove it in his upcoming book.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I don't know what you mean by this. Can you elaborate?
Yes, as in ALL Treasure Hunting (NOT solving "Ciphers), D & R means DISCOVERY & RECOVERY. Seen ALL kinds of "decoding solutions"... BUT! Where/what is the TREASURE...?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, as in ALL Treasure Hunting (NOT solving "Ciphers), D & R means DISCOVERY & RECOVERY. Seen ALL kinds of "decoding solutions"... BUT! Where/what is the TREASURE...?

Good point, so many claims of solution to a treasure story whose treasure can't even be established to have ever existed. I wouldn't hold my breath that said treasures will ever be found since we know that there is no chance that it came from said mine. So, if not a mine, as detailed, then from where? This is when treasure tales start to get merged for lack of any other credible source.

Add to this, that any verifiable/conclusive solution that resulted in a source of historic wealth residing on Federal land would have little difficulty in realizing a dig, and with the Federal Government's help. So now what does this tell you about all of these "it's on Federal land" claims?

There are branches within the government that foam at the mouth for such opportunities.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point, so many claims of solution to a treasure story whose treasure can't even be established to have ever existed. I wouldn't hold my breath that said treasures will ever be found since we know that there is no chance that it came from said mine. So, if not a mine, as detailed, then from where? This is when treasure tales start to get merged for lack of any other credible source.

Add to this, that any verifiable/conclusive solution that resulted in a source of historic wealth residing on Federal land would have little difficulty in realizing a dig, and with the Federal Government's help. So now what does this tell you about all of these "it's on Federal land" claims?

There are branches within the government that foam at the mouth for such opportunities.

You had better find out first hand as I have the US Government is not interested in recovering treasure. They will however take any and all confirmed treasures. You will eventually get a 50/50 split of treasure so long as it is not "Historical or Archeological" and the Beale Treasure would be neither since it is gold, silver and jewelry. So you will get a 50/50 split but up until that split you have to pay all the bills. You have to pay for all the studies I mentioned before, you have to pay for recovering the treasure, you have to pay for protecting the treasure and guarding and transporting it into government hands when they decide they want to take control. You may have to guard it for two or three years at your own expense. You can not deal with our government period. Forget it.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had better find out first hand as I have the US Government is not interested in recovering treasure. They will however take any and all confirmed treasures. You will eventually get a 50/50 split of treasure so long as it is not "Historical or Archeological" and the Beale Treasure would be neither since it is gold, silver and jewelry. So you will get a 50/50 split but up until that split you have to pay all the bills. You have to pay for all the studies I mentioned before, you have to pay for recovering the treasure, you have to pay for protecting the treasure and guarding and transporting it into government hands when they decide they want to take control. You may have to guard it for two or three years at your own expense. You can not deal with our government period. Forget it.

Well, not going to argue your points, only to say that "if" someone can conclusively establish that something of significant historical interest/value resides on Federal land that certain branches will be all over it. Sure, you'd be giving it and all of your research to them, but it really all comes down to how badly you want the solve. "If you can prove that it "IS" there then they will come." It's their job, it's what they live for. :thumbsup:

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quick points. Jewelry was not common-law Treasure Trove in English Common Law, and AFAICT it is an unsettled area of law in the United States as to whether we will consider it to be Treasure Trove here. If a Court decides in the instant case that it isn't Trove, it would go to the Government. Two, while Treasure Trove by itself has never been found to be of 'archeological interest' and thus always subject to ARPA (again AFAICT, I haven't done a full blown Memo on the subject but have read the academic papers that are out there) there is an argument to be made that some Troves may fall under ARPA if they're old enough and (this is the kicker) if there is a related historical site. Example Hypothetical: A gold coin found at Jamestown is Treasure Trove, definitionally, but the fact that you found it at Jamestown may trigger ARPA, depending on the circumstances. Is it the only coin ever found at Jamestown? Is it the first coin ever found at Jamestown? Is it the only gold coin ever found at Jamestown? If the answer is yes to one or more of these, it is easy to see a court finding that that particular trove is of 'archeological interest'. However, if it is the hundredth gold coin found at Jamestown (this is a hypothetical so we're ignoring all other relevant laws here about digging on parks or whatever), it is hard to see how a court could find that particular trove to be of 'archeological interest'.

So as always, given all the uncertainties, it is best to have a deal in place before doing anything.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick points. Jewelry was not common-law Treasure Trove in English Common Law, and AFAICT it is an unsettled area of law in the United States as to whether we will consider it to be Treasure Trove here. If a Court decides in the instant case that it isn't Trove, it would go to the Government. Two, while Treasure Trove by itself has never been found to be of 'archeological interest' and thus always subject to ARPA (again AFAICT, I haven't done a full blown Memo on the subject but have read the academic papers that are out there) there is an argument to be made that some Troves may fall under ARPA if they're old enough and (this is the kicker) if there is a related historical site. Example Hypothetical: A gold coin found at Jamestown is Treasure Trove, definitionally, but the fact that you found it at Jamestown may trigger ARPA, depending on the circumstances. Is it the only coin ever found at Jamestown? Is it the first coin ever found at Jamestown? Is it the only gold coin ever found at Jamestown? If the answer is yes to one or more of these, it is easy to see a court finding that that particular trove is of 'archeological interest'. However, if it is the hundredth gold coin found at Jamestown (this is a hypothetical so we're ignoring all other relevant laws here about digging on parks or whatever), it is hard to see how a court could find that particular trove to be of 'archeological interest'.

So as always, given all the uncertainties, it is best to have a deal in place before doing anything.

You can make all the deals you want with the US Government. I have copies of all the US Laws on treasure being found and all Virginia Laws pertaining to treasure found. If you plan on going the legal route you are in for a long haul that will never turn in to anything of value. Trust me I have been working on this not only on the Beale Treasure but on other treasures. I have letters from the GSA, both US and Virginia State Attorny's and several from the Governor of Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina State Senators and US Senators and House of Representative Members. To deal with the government is like the Chinese import law on farm produce--------Let it sit on the dock until it turns bad. If you go that route you will never get anything done.

Also I did not say the treasure would be considered archaeological? I said you would get a 50/50 split at the end of the day but that day may take 10 or 12 years and expenses in the millions of dollars.

Last edited:

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let it sit on the dock until it turns bad. If you go that route you will never get anything done..

As a matter of form, you need to do it franklin. Even if the government ignores you, you need to reach out. Later, if you get fed up because you're ignored and dig anyway, find something and then end up in litigation you are in a much better position, and the government is in a worse position. You can show that you reached out multiple times and were ignored, particularly useful if you end up in jury trial, jury will be sympathetic. Isn't any kind of slam dunk, and you can still get screwed over, but at least you've got a case to make. There is a strong public policy behind property law (and in particular common law property law) that (paraphrased) 'property is meant to be used'. That's why property law has things like adverse possession, we don't, for public policy reasons, like the idea of unused land or property sitting around when somebody could be putting it to use. That's also where the common-law of Treasure Trove comes from, we don't like the idea of this wealth just sitting in the ground doing nobody any good so we're going to reward the finder, even, in some case, where he was trespassing.

So there is a method to the madness.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You can make all the deals you want with the US Government. I have copies of all the US Laws on treasure being found and all Virginia Laws pertaining to treasure found. If you plan on going the legal route you are in for a long haul that will never turn in to anything of value. Trust me I have been working on this not only on the Beale Treasure but on other treasures. I have letters from the GSA, both US and Virginia State Attorny's and several from the Governor of Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina State Senators and US Senators and House of Representative Members. To deal with the government is like the Chinese import law on farm produce--------Let it sit on the dock until it turns bad. If you go that route you will never get anything done.

Also I did not say the treasure would be considered archaeological? I said you would get a 50/50 split at the end of the day but that day may take 10 or 12 years and expenses in the millions of dollars.
HA! And in 15 years... KA BOOM!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
As a matter of form, you need to do it franklin. Even if the government ignores you, you need to reach out. Later, if you get fed up because you're ignored and dig anyway, find something and then end up in litigation you are in a much better position, and the government is in a worse position. You can show that you reached out multiple times and were ignored, particularly useful if you end up in jury trial, jury will be sympathetic. Isn't any kind of slam dunk, and you can still get screwed over, but at least you've got a case to make. There is a strong public policy behind property law (and in particular common law property law) that (paraphrased) 'property is meant to be used'. That's why property law has things like adverse possession, we don't, for public policy reasons, like the idea of unused land or property sitting around when somebody could be putting it to use. That's also where the common-law of Treasure Trove comes from, we don't like the idea of this wealth just sitting in the ground doing nobody any good so we're going to reward the finder, even, in some case, where he was trespassing.

So there is a method to the madness.
Well, VIRGINIA Law may be DIFFERENT...

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA! And in 15 years... KA BOOM!

It does put things into perspective.

Anyway, if you're going to Treasure Hunt, now is a good time. Certainly, fiat currency will have little value in 2029. Gold is for winners! Silver is for placers!

OTOH, collapse of civilization means no regulation - so no problem digging on Federal Park/Forest Land ;-)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It does put things into perspective.

Anyway, if you're going to Treasure Hunt, now is a good time. Certainly, fiat currency will have little value in 2029. Gold is for winners! Silver is for placers!

OTOH, collapse of civilization means no regulation - so no problem digging on Federal Park/Forest Land ;-)
ANARCHY!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It always turns out the same, the claimants of solution "always" manufacture those solutions around areas of their personal interest. The very first sign that something is seriously astray.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, please keep politics out of posts... Thank you.👍.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"I think it was a hoax. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong and show up with a couple tons on precious metal to laugh in my face. But I don't think it's going to happen. But if you go online, you can find people that will sell you software that will help you decrypt these.
Of course you have to ask yourself, if the people selling this code-cracking software know how to decipher the ciphers, then why don't they just figure the location of the treasure and go dig it themselves?"
- Professor Clay Shields, Computer Science, Georgetown University
The same can be asked of those who constantly claim solutions on these threads .

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"I think it was a hoax. I'd love for someone to prove me wrong and show up with a couple tons on precious metal to laugh in my face. But I don't think it's going to happen. But if you go online, you can find people that will sell you software that will help you decrypt these.
Of course you have to ask yourself, if the people selling this code-cracking software know how to decipher the ciphers, then why don't they just figure the location of the treasure and go dig it themselves?"
- Professor Clay Shields, Computer Science, Georgetown University
The same can be asked of those who constantly claim solutions on these threads .

https://www.wired.com/2011/01/wikileaks-sunken-treasure/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread