Coffee can full of Morgan

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Don and I were out at the old place searching the back yard when I picked up a loud pinger that registered at a quarter with a little chop. Got to dig that since it was near some trees. Dug down about 3 inches and discovered a coffee can. I thought it was a lid at first but dug around the edges to find a fully intact can. That gets the heart pounding. Told Don to come over and witness this dig. Dug all around it and finally pulled it out to find the can was upside down. A bunch of dirt and stones fell out. Rechecked the area and found no coins, bummer.
After the days hunt we spoke to the owner of the home and showed her the days finds. I mentioned the coffee can out back and she said that her deceased husband had buried the can back there. She then added that her cremated dog had been placed in that can. Talk about a shocker, I felt like doo doo for sure now. She asked if I would put the can back where I got it and I ran back there and replaced it. I sure hope I didn't disturb the dead too much. I really don't need that kinda curse.....Not sure what the dogs name was but I bet you it was Morgan! No dollars here buddy!

Upvote 0

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
hahahahaha. If someone ever digs up my front flower bed they'll find our beloved guinee pig about 2 feet down. I'm sure you won't be cursed. Not for long anyway. lol..... Nice find man.....

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I have about three agamas and a bearded dragon in my yard. Just as long you repect the grave "I THINK "you are o.k. :evil6:

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, that's a shocker for sure. When I worked in a mail room at a D.O.E. building back in '83 I opened a box and it had a little ceramic jar with it's lid taped down inside it. I opened it to see it had ashes in it. I then did what I should have done in the first place.....Look at the address. It was addressed to Anderson Memorial Gardens..... OOPS!!!!!! I packed it just like it came and sent it on it's way. I was young and never expected a package like that. I'm sure you felt bad about it but there's no way you could have known the circumstances. Happy hunting to you.

DANGLANGLEY

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
:o Holly Cow..........had me thinking you had found a can of Morgan Silvers!!! :tongue3:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, this is a funny story unless it happens to me :D :D :D

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
For doing such a good deed and puting the can back you can take the rest of the month off! LMBO

Happy Hunting

Desertfox

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just goes to show ya, ya just never know.... gotta admit, first I thought too you had found a stash.. glad I wasnt drinking my soda..lol Thats something I would of done..lol

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Gee, what a disappointment that must have been after all that digging! I would have been praying for a cache too. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread