Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ran the 6x10 on my Vx3 and it worked great. I also had the D2, 5.3 & 950. I preferred the 6x10. It gave up a little depth to the D2 but ran SO much better overall.
I hear good things about the SEF's and if I hd it to do over again, that's probably the way I'd go. But the 6x10 is a great coil & I wouldn't feel outgunned using it.

Maybe Christo will chime in on this. I know he had the SEF on his V3i and always had good things to say about it.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those real deep coins you'll want the D2 coil, it will get dimes at 10"+ with some being at 12" the 6X10 DD is good for high trash area's but you'll miss those 10"+ dimes. HH

OP
OP
H

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the 6x10 has a broken wire down near where the wire goes into the coil. Can this be fixed? You would have to get the coil apart to do it. Looks like d2 or 10x12 will probably have to be the options if I cant fix the 6x10.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have the 950.d2,6x10. i primarily use the 6x10 until i get to the beach and the 950 goes back on

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've often thought about buying the 12x10 SEF but haven't taken the plunge yet. I really haven't touched my 6x10 in a long time, it pretty much stays on my MXT which I let people use when they want to detect and don't have a detector. The only two coils that I ever use on my V3i are the D2 and the 4x6. I've had really good luck even in the semi trashy areas with my D2 and if its really trashy I'll put my 4x6 on and that thing is like a scalpel in the trash.
I've read some fantastic results about the SEF coils on the V3i though, there's one person in particular that's very seasoned with the V3i and he said the SEF is much better for the EMI and pretty much close to the same in depth as the D2, he also said that it's lighter than the D2 also, these two perks about the SEF alone is enough to make me want one even more, if my D2 ever takes a dive I'll definitely try the SEF cause I've read nothing but good on the newer nulled ones.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread