gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just wondering If it is worth /possible to get a lower frequency coil for my gold bug. I am interested in doing more coin hunting then gold prospecting. I am mostly interested in older rec fields and cellar holes. I just did not know if it is worth trying to switch coils to try to get more depth or just get a new detector. After a year of detecting I have been through the learning curve with this detector and know it well, but can not help but feel that I am missing stuff on some of my sites. Most if not all coins that I find are zero to six inches, I can honestly say that I do not think that I have pulled a coin over six inches deep and I have some good permissions at mid to early 1800's sites. I also have never detected with anybody else so I have never seen if a different machine would preform better. Thanks for help. sorry to beat a dead horse.

Upvote 0

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Changing the coil on that Gold Bug will not change the frequency of the detector.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need another machine. I suggest you look at the Garrett AT Pro; Tesoro Tejon; Makro Racer 2; Whites MXT; Fisher F75

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only machine I'm aware of that can change frequency by changing coils is the Minelab X-terra line.

OP
OP
G

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input I guess it is time to research another machine.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The XP Deus can run on 4 distinct frequencies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread