Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I recently conducted a user oriented coil test of Minelab's Xterra 705 for Kellyco Metal Detectors. My test was not intended to be a technical or engineering evaluation of the machine but rather a report based on the initial observations through the eyes of an average first time user comparing 2 different coil options.

As I always say, the specific results shown are very much dependent on a variety of physical conditions of the test environment. Similar tests conducted under different conditions or in other geographical areas may well produce somewhat different results.

The full report can be found at the link below:

Field Test Report

Note: I am not currently nor have I ever been a paid employee of Kellyco. Testing and reporting on their metal detecting equipment is done on a voluntary basis. For an old soldier like me who has a passion for the hobby of metal detecting, this is a most enjoyable retirement activity!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good write-up. I would like to see a head-to-head comparison test between the NEL and Coiltek coils.:icon_thumleft:

Utah Digger

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250, Minelab xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes Im " looking into" purchasing the (NEL Attack) coil for my xterra 705 do you know of any field test out there with these two together.

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yes Im " looking into" purchasing the (NEL Attack) coil for my xterra 705 do you know of any field test out there with these two together.

Sorry, I personally don't know of any specific tests of the NEL Attack on the X-Terra 705 but I'll bet there are some. Have you tried searching You Tube or the Internet with that specific criteria?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread