Coils help?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I answered this the first time you asked it in the other thread. You only need to post it once.

OP
OP
R

ri2020

Greenie
Jan 16, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I answered this the first time you asked it in the other thread. You only need to post it once.

Sorry i didnt see your respond but yeah you are right, optimal would be to have all 3 coils!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry i didnt see your respond but yeah you are right, optimal would be to have all 3 coils!

I think I answered it while you were posting this one, to be fair .

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another member mentioned use of full tones in the other thread. Full tones has it's place but has some drawbacks see the thread below for a run down of various settings include full vs. multi vs. pitch tones. The discussion is relic hunting centric but is also applicable to coin shooting (simply sub in lower operating frequency settings like 4, 8, or 12 khz for high conductive coins) but the settings insights for tones, discrimination, tx power, reactivity all apply. HTH

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/625354-my-civil-war-settings-need-some-advice.html

OP
OP
R

ri2020

Greenie
Jan 16, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another member mentioned use of full tones in the other thread. Full tones has it's place but has some drawbacks see the thread below for a run down of various settings include full vs. multi vs. pitch tones. The discussion is relic hunting centric but is also applicable to coin shooting (simply sub in lower operating frequency settings like 4, 8, or 12 khz for high conductive coins) but the settings insights for tones, discrimination, tx power, reactivity all apply. HTH

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/deus/625354-my-civil-war-settings-need-some-advice.html

I dont have full tones on my ORX, I am stuck with 3 tones but existing options are the same like on Deus

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, didn't know you were talking Orx vs. Deus. Same princiles apply anf give Gold mode a go. Good luck.

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To me the elliptical is not a deep coil. Works good if all targets are shallow or in between trees and such. It would be great for real tiny stuff but I rarely use it. I have the hf round which is good for relics and in tight spots. I got the x35 11 and 13 and like them too but mostly rely on the 13” to cover ground faster. They will tell you it’s for fields but as long as it’s not real trashy I think it’s fine. I don’t think I miss much with the 13”. If I am missing a coin every so often it’s likely offset by the fact that I’m covering more ground on every hunt. 3 of us hit a site that has been murdered in the past.... 2 of us using the 13” and one using the hf9”. I think the 13” coils did better. Relics were found deep that had been missed by likely dozens of previous hunters. I found some deep bullets and an Indian. I’m no expert but have been trying to learn my machine better. Disc and reactivity are said to effect depth so the lower those numbers the deeper. I’m sure there are trade offs to doing so but I don’t do to shabby.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To me the elliptical is not a deep coil. Works good if all targets are shallow or in between trees and such. It would be great for real tiny stuff but I rarely use it. I have the hf round which is good for relics and in tight spots. I got the x35 11 and 13 and like them too but mostly rely on the 13” to cover ground faster. They will tell you it’s for fields but as long as it’s not real trashy I think it’s fine. I don’t think I miss much with the 13”. If I am missing a coin every so often it’s likely offset by the fact that I’m covering more ground on every hunt. 3 of us hit a site that has been murdered in the past.... 2 of us using the 13” and one using the hf9”. I think the 13” coils did better. Relics were found deep that had been missed by likely dozens of previous hunters. I found some deep bullets and an Indian. I’m no expert but have been trying to learn my machine better. Disc and reactivity are said to effect depth so the lower those numbers the deeper. I’m sure there are trade offs to doing so but I don’t do to shabby.

How do you find the 11”x13” coil in terms of weight and ease of swing? And also pinpointing? I have the Orx and never use pinpoint function with 9” or 11” coil and frankly don’t feel the need for it. The 11” coil is an easy swing but I’ve heard complaints about the bigger coil.

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you find the 11”x13” coil in terms of weight and ease of swing? And also pinpointing? I have the Orx and never use pinpoint function with 9” or 11” coil and frankly don’t feel the need for it. The 11” coil is an easy swing but I’ve heard complaints about the bigger coil.

The 13” swings pretty good. The extra weight doesn’t bother me, in fact I think I am more comfortable with it. It seems maybe a little bit harder to turn around at the ends of the swings but i think it’s better balanced with the 13”. I don’t feel any more tired at the end of hunts than I did with the 11”. Holding them both I can’t tell a difference in weight EB596627-69CF-4425-910C-C392A96E652F.jpeg .
I never use the pinpoint function on the deus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions