gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one for my Safari and it works great!! Makes an already heavy machine a little heavier, but it sure can cover ground fast. Gotta take into consideration that it is a pain to get coil wires up the shaft on these Minelabs, and most folks also get at least an extra lower shaft to make coil changes easier. I have both upper and lower shafts on my extra coils to make changing them as easy as possible. Look around on ebay, I got my WOT for a little over a hundred bucks and used lower and upper shafts come on there too at more reasonable than new prices.

OP
OP
lisfisher

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you should mention that. About a year ago I had bought a 6" sniper coil that was supposed to fit my safari. For the life of me I could not get the pin jack up through the lower shaft, just too big. I did see some used WOT on ebay but kind of confusing with the used one's as to how old they are and which machine's they fit. Saw one for a great price but looked very different from the new coil, so not really sure what's what.The new coils have 6 bars in the coil, 3 on each side, and the older one's just have the one cross bar from top to bottom.

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they have the curly wire they are for the Explorer series. (Safari, Etrac, SE Pro, etc.) The other ones for other Minelabs don't have the curly wire. Yes, the new ones have more spokes, but I have never heard whether they are any better functioning than the older model. Often one need to hook a piece of wire onto the coil jack to pull that curly wire up through the shaft. Most coils basically last forever if not abused, and most sellers will say how much use is in the older ones. Most are for sale by MD users and often not used a whole lot, and often the user just got a different machine and wants to sell the other gear they have for their old machine.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Techs at coiltek advised me that the spokes on the WOT were added do to people being rough with them and cracking the coil, most likely due to leaning on the detector creating a twist to the outer rim and cracking it from it's mid section. Other reports were banging it into rocks and such. The spokes are open on the bottom and are added for strength but have no additional effect on performance. Not a necessity in my opinion if you treat it as you should.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, thinking about pulling the trigger on this coil for my Safari, since I do spend lots of time in open fields and beaches. Any Safari users have this coil? Please someone twist my arm so I can click on the "checkout" button ;}
The best accessory you will buy for that purpose. Click away on the checkout button!

OP
OP
lisfisher

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best accessory you will buy for that purpose. Click away on the checkout button!

Note to self: when wife goes through roof for unneccessary purchase, reply "cudamark MADE me do it"

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Note to self: when wife goes through roof for unneccessary purchase, reply "cudamark MADE me do it"
Funny you say that. I have actually had wives call me up and chew me out for selling their husbands a metal detector. Even funnier thing is it has happened more then once! Lol

OP
OP
lisfisher

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All set , just ordered through Bart! If I catch any %#%^## I can justify it by reminding her how many rings I've dug up for her that she wears. Kidding aside, she would most likely say "that's great you deserve it"

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread