Coin Beach, Delaware where to stay ?

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
Hi Fish......

Is Coin Beach near Rehoboth? I've heard much about this beach regarding coins showing up after storms. I'm a couple of hours from there

regards,

root

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Rehobeth would be closest. There are hundreds if not thousands of places to stay in this area. From Ocean City, MD to Lewes, DE. I have been there to hunt. Not much luck. It is heavily hunted. There are still stories that people find things after big northeasters. That is when I would try to go. The beach is located in the Delaware Seashore State Park. They do allow hunting with a metal detector and there is a small fee. You can go to a few locations from the ocean side to the bay side if you would like. Its a nice place to enjoy the sunset after a long day of TH,ing.

Ed

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was at Coin Beach a couple years ago, there was NO fee to detect. I stopped at the Park Office located in the parking lot and talked to the Park officer inside. Heck, he even left me change clothes in one of his rooms. A heck of a nice guy. Stop by and ask them anything, they will tell you the best places to stay when you get there....................Rich

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fee is for parking at the park, Maybe in season. There would be no fee to walk to the beach and detect. You can see a brochure for the park on the internet. Search for Delaware Seashore State Park. And the park people are real friendly and full of advice and information. From my limited kn oweledge Coin Beach is the first one north of the Indian River inlet. If you ever go there it is easy to see why this area would be a good spot to detect. The Indian River has one mighty flow going into the ocean really mixes it up.

ED

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i know in the 50s people used to find english coppers on the beach just laying in the sand.i was going to post today to ask if things are still found there. as far as the accomadations ........go to priceline and look for hotel in rehobeth,fenwick island, dewey, ocean city md, all of these places are a short drive to coin beach.apparently the shipwreck that these coins came from "the faithfull steward" in still somewhere just of shore. no one has ever found it.

resq937

Mar 6, 2005
take a tent and camp at one of the camps and you get a pass to any of the state parks for the days that your camping it is less than 30.00/ night for camping---a good day coinshooting on the beaches can cover that

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
does anyone ever find anything at coin beach anymore or are those days a thing of the past? i can remember my mother telling me stories of when she was a little girl. they used to find english coppers in the sand just by kicking the sand around with thier feet. imagine if they had detectors back then! i am going to oc md this 4th of july week and was thinking about making the 40 minute drive north to check it out. i hear it is REALLY heavily hunted.that is why i wonder if anyone ever finds stuff there anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread