Coin cleaning solution

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I am just throwing this out here. It is working for me and so for has had no bad side effects. KIMG0057.jpg
I used this the other day on some coins I found and it worked great. It is not rough on the finish and is fast. It did not work on all my coins guess it depends on what minerals where in the soil. But it sure worked on a lot of my wheat backs and newer $1 coins I have found. 1459439190721-1194535114.jpg
I should have done a before and after. I know a lot and f people say don't clean the coins. I don't know if I would clean coins that are very rare but the ones in my display case sure look better after using this stuff. The pic is no t good. The wheat was almost black before and the $1 was very tarnished also. They do look very good now.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the tip! What does the ingredients label say?

OP
OP
68kaiser

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says don't use on silver and gold. Its for copper and the like. It works wonders on Penny's and I used it on some clad also. I let some stained black Penny's sit for a while and no I'll effects. It does not give them a off color like some cleaners I have tried.

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can also do the same think by baking a coin in a potato. No this isn't April fools. The oxalyic acid (same thing in BKF) is what cleans it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread