COIN "COLOR" HELP NEEDED !!!

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
COIN "COLOR" HELP NEEDED !!!

Just want to know if anyone out there can post some pics of wheaties in their different color variations. All these darn price guides with black and white photos are NO HELP! Cannot find a website that shows the differences either. BN (brown) - RB (red-brown) - RD (red). Most of these look the same to me (VERY subtle variances) and it's driving me crazy without visual representation of each. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - DD-777

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: COIN "COLOR" HELP NEEDED !!!

DD-777 said:
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Time to get a REDBOOK ...

http://www.whitmanbooks.com/Default.aspx?Page=81&ProductID=0794824951

The only BOOK ...

A great resource ... http://www.coinfacts.com/

Have Fun ~ Nick
I have the Red Book and just use it as an indication of what a coin "might" be worth. Probably the best way to find a true value is to check for it on ebay. That shows what a person is "actually" willing to pay. That's the best indicator I have found.

Much thanks to you and PBK. I was told that the "Redbook" is not a true indicator of fair market value. I'll end up getting one regardless - need to be on the same page with everyone else... :wink:

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Re: COIN "COLOR" HELP NEEDED !!!

while the redbook is lousy for values it is priceless for closeup photos of the differences in varieties. They also show you where to look for the mintmarks. Anyone who doesn't think the mint marks are important should look up the values of the different 1895 silver dollars. siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread