Coin counter always seems to count at least 1 half as a dollar

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought of this (it's too early :coffee2:).. It seems like everytime I look at my coin slip from the credit union, there always seems to be 1 or 2 dollars that were counted. I know there were no dollars that were put in that machine.. Wonder why it does that?

Always seem to get a couple of coins that the machine doesn't like (spits out) even though it looks the same as all the others.. ?

Shawn

Upvote 0

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
My credit union coin machine says on the front "No dollar coins" and it shows pictures of Ikes, SBAs, and golden dollars. When they open the machine to replace the bag, there is an empty chute labeled "$1" just like all the other chutes labeled for dimes, nickels, etc. I wonder if they don't want them because it's a hassel or if the machine is just not programmed to take them.

Anyway, I haven't had one register as a dollar before.

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldmanford said:
My credit union coin machine says on the front "No dollar coins" and it shows pictures of Ikes, SBAs, and golden dollars. When they open the machine to replace the bag, there is an empty chute labeled "$1" just like all the other chutes labeled for dimes, nickels, etc. I wonder if they don't want them because it's a hassel or if the machine is just not programmed to take them.

Anyway, I haven't had one register as a dollar before.

The machine that I dump only takes SBA's I believe.. That is what the ticket says anyways and that is what 1 or 2 coins are registering as. No idea.. Now if I could just figure out which coins did that.. I would be rich :P (j/k)...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread