coin counter bags

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have anybody had any luck buying partially filled coin bags from counters.

I was at a bank the other day and the teller said that she didnt have any halves other than what was in the counter bag and that hadnt been filled for a couple years.

Didnt dawn on me until a day or two later I should have offered to buy that bag. That bank is only 250 miles from home but I think I have to be in that area next week.

Upvote 0

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, a lot of times when I go to a new bank to ask for halves and say I'll take all that they have, they'll sell me a partial bag off of their counter.

fjer

Aug 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I bought a half bag recently. It's apparently kind of tricky to sell partial bags with some machines, so they may not know how.

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
foofighters said:
Have anybody had any luck buying partially filled coin bags from counters.

I was at a bank the other day and the teller said that she didnt have any halves other than what was in the counter bag and that hadnt been filled for a couple years.

Didnt dawn on me until a day or two later I should have offered to buy that bag. That bank is only 250 miles from home but I think I have to be in that area next week.

Or you could just pm me where it's at and I'll get it. :)

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy it!!! You might be very happy if its taking that long to fill its not a dump bank, what do you have to lose?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking the same thing, lol. Maverick.

That's only about $68 in gas (at a 25 mi/gallon car and a $3.43 gas price [national average]). That's less than 6 90%. If the bag was loaded, why not if you have the time.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Yes!!!! Especially if it has taken a long time to fill the bag, much lower chance it's a bunch of dumps that way. I've gotten some great hauls with bags over the years. Always buy the bag if they are willing to let you buy it. Not sure I'd drive 250 miles just to get it. I do drive a hybrid though.... I get 50 mpg, so might be worth it :)

OP
OP
F

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work on the road.

Generally I am 250 to 350 miles away from home during the week and the company pays for the gas.

I'm gonna be back in that area on Wednesday and I'll see if I can get it.

I actually have about the perfect job for this hobby as I generally drive 1000 to 1200 miles a week and work in several different towns a month.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I work on the road.

Generally I am 250 to 350 miles away from home during the week and the company pays for the gas.

I'm gonna be back in that area on Wednesday and I'll see if I can get it.

I actually have about the perfect job for this hobby as I generally drive 1000 to 1200 miles a week and work in several different towns a month.

Thats a nice set up for sure! Good luck, I hope it works out for you, that does sound like a good chance to find a bag with lots of Silver in it. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread