Found some more silver and a Silver Comemorative Proof!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, I didn't get to post last week ( too busy getting ready for the holiday) so this is the results from the last 2 weeks, I searched 10 boxes last week which gave me 16 40%'s and 1 90% out of 2 boxes, the other 8 were skunks, this week I searched 12 boxes, 10 were skunks and the other 2 ( which I ordered extra from 1 bank for the holiday) gave up the other 16 40%'s and 13 90%'s plus this cool Silver Proof Comemorative. The last 3 weeks my wrappers have changed to the Black and White skunk wraps in my boxes and the finds have just dropped off significantly. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. ours was great, we opened the last 2 boxes that had the Silver in them and Comemorative Thanksgiving night, so that made my wifes and mine night that much better! Good luck to everyone hunting today! HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN0029.JPG
    DSCN0029.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 161
  • DSCN0030.JPG
    DSCN0030.JPG
    820.5 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN0031.JPG
    DSCN0031.JPG
    746.1 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN0034.JPG
    DSCN0034.JPG
    831.3 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCN0035.JPG
    DSCN0035.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
  • DSCN0032.JPG
    DSCN0032.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the first 90% coin made from the mint since the 64 coinage

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! My only Washington was bought for melt.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uh oh... not the black and white skunk wrappers... those really are bad, at least for me..

glad to see you score some nice keepers, congrats on the silver proof commem too, that has to be one of my favorite modern silver proof designs too! i have in my personal collection the proof and uncirculated version of that george washington half dollar.
HOpe your finds keep up, hh
buff

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill trade a MS proof for a uncirc half - for this particular coin

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice. Love the Washington Comm. Pulled one from a CWR early in my CRH career.

Thanks, yes it's very cool, next to the 1908 Barber I found a while back, it is the coolest Silver I have found, glad I ordered the 2 extra boxes from the bank this week! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
the first 90% coin made from the mint since the 64 coinage

Thanks CoinFetcher, I didn't know that, I haven't really researched it yet but, it is 1 of my coolest finds in almost a yr. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
uh oh... not the black and white skunk wrappers... those really are bad, at least for me..

glad to see you score some nice keepers, congrats on the silver proof commem too, that has to be one of my favorite modern silver proof designs too! i have in my personal collection the proof and uncirculated version of that george washington half dollar.
HOpe your finds keep up, hh
buff

Hey Buff, ya, since these skunk wraps started showing up my finds have dwindled a bit ( don't know if one thing coincides with the other or not), seems only one or two boxes outta 15-20 are giving anything up here latrly. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! My only Washington was bought for melt.

Thanks, definelty was a cool find for me, only one I have found, I have founds 10-12 non silver Comem coins and proofs, but this is the first Silver one I have found. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul! And cool silver commem.

Thanks BB, it was a good haul for the 2 boxes that produced outta 12 total for the week HH, Maverick.

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks CoinFetcher, I didn't know that, I haven't really researched it yet but, it is 1 of my coolest finds in almost a yr. HH, Maverick.

Hey Mav...Very nice finds!! I have found two of the George Washington comm's earlier this year (just like yours)...but get this...BOTH of them were in the same box! Crazy, huh? You just never know what you are going to find with this strange addiction :)

Last edited:

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
cool finds. my second box (first was a skunk) had a statue of liberty commem (non-silver). thats what kept me going for another four boxes before i found my first 40%. it's still probably my favorite find, even though it has very little value as it's a little beat up.

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mav, Looks like a nice little stash the last 2 weeks! Love the silver commemorative proof. Your 90% average is very good! The past two weeks have not been to good for me. Last week was a skunk and this weeks 20 boxes kicked out 13-40% and 2-90%. Some Ag is better then none!!!

HH

Big Fat

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the pink heart box with tweety bird on it. Is that where you keep your stash? Nobody would ever suspect it!

In all honesty, nice 2 week cull, mav! Its all about the fun and the finds! Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
cool finds. my second box (first was a skunk) had a statue of liberty commem (non-silver). thats what kept me going for another four boxes before i found my first 40%. it's still probably my favorite find, even though it has very little value as it's a little beat up.

Hey Hokie, glad to see you're still prowling the forum, I have some of those, they do have value to them, have you been able to start searching again yet? HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the pink heart box with tweety bird on it. Is that where you keep your stash? Nobody would ever suspect it!

In all honesty, nice 2 week cull, mav! Its all about the fun and the finds! Happy Hunting!

Lol, that is actually my wifes coffee cup in the back ground, I keep my finds spread out through the house. It is definetly fun and the thrill of the hunt that keeps me going too, kinda like an Easter egg hunt opening the rolls up, ya never know whats going to be in them. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mav, Looks like a nice little stash the last 2 weeks! Love the silver commemorative proof. Your 90% average is very good! The past two weeks have not been to good for me. Last week was a skunk and this weeks 20 boxes kicked out 13-40% and 2-90%. Some Ag is better then none!!!

HH

Big Fat

Ya, I saw your post last week of the empty table, that made me laugh, at least you got some this week! My finds have been dropping off here lately but, that just means the good boxes are gettin ready to come my way, I hope! HH, Maverick.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still a regular reader. I recently did some dimes and nickels. $100 in dimes was a skunk. $50 in nickels yielded about 15 pre 60's. I like those, so I keep them even though I know they aren't worth much. Oh yeah, and i found a 1919 and 1939 penny. those were firsts for me. your find beats all mine combined though. nice work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread