Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That still doesn’t answer the question...what do you mean by “don’t take them”? Do you mean they spit them out or that they take them from you without giving credit or what?

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coinstar machines will take your large dollar coins and send them to an "internal" reject cup known as the Dirt Cup. Bent coins and trash also land there. They do not credit your tab for these large dollars.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
recently got an IKE from a Scancoin-- did not feed, just flopped on the rubber pad of the feed wheel

older model did the same with an American Prospecter 1 OZ silver a few years back.

spotted some old $ coins once in the "dirt cup" of a Magner--- the staff uses what lands there for charity donations

odds of "udder peeps" rejects still beat buyin' a lottery ticket :laughing9:

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning, if your running coins thru a coin machine, for some reason the wont accept the newer quarters, they get dumped in to the reject slot
Folks not aware of this end up leaving money in the reject bin, not aware they are being ripped off.
There should be some sort of alert for the folks trying to cash in coins that there are coins rejected - I'm thinking there should be some sort of weight scale in the reject bin to alert the customer that there are coins in the reject bin
It happened to me
Brady

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning, if your running coins thru a coin machine, for some reason the wont accept the newer quarters, they get dumped in to the reject slot
Folks not aware of this end up leaving money in the reject bin, not aware they are being ripped off.
There should be some sort of alert for the folks trying to cash in coins that there are coins rejected - I'm thinking there should be some sort of weight scale in the reject bin to alert the customer that there are coins in the reject bin
It happened to me
Brady

Most machines such as a coinstars tell you to check the reject tray/slot before you leave. Its it The machines fault you were in such a hurry you didn't check the reject bin.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sanmateo said:
There should be some sort of alert for the folks trying to cash in coins that there are coins rejected
Actually there is. Just the other day I stood back and watched someone take a dump in the machine. I big screen flashed a couple times about something in the reject tray and an arrow pointed down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread