Coin Counter--Reject Silver

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
What are people's experience with the auto coin counters that reject silver? Here is my story.

A credit union use to allow to buy bags off the machine so before I did, I sacrificed a silver Rosie to see if it rejected it or accepted it. Was not going to buy the bags if it sent it to reject tray. It accepted it and so for a few months, I bought bags and had decent results.

Fast forward and now they no longer will sell me bags so I turned it to a dump bank. Since then, I have found a 40% and several Rosie's in reject tray as well as one teller saying a older lady brought up a handful if silver dimes she said were continually being rejected.

This particular counter seems to accept and reject them depending on the day. What are others experience with this? I have read numerous posts that coinstar rejects silver.

MU

Upvote 0

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
I've been roll hunting steadily for five years, have dumped easily a hundred grand in coin through counters, and have never once found a silver reject.

Depends on the kind of machine you are dumping with. TD Bank uses the same counter at virtually all it's branches. I constantly find silver. In fact, my best find was a couple of weeks ago... Between two different machines I found a 40% half, two silver quarters, two silver dimes, and a war nickel.

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
millerb91 said:
What do you mean ask to check the tube?

The machine at the bank I dump at has a PVC tube that delivers the reject coins to the reject tray/slot. You can usually reach in and grab what's stuck in there and you can normally ask the teller to open the machine to check the tube.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread