Coin Counter

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all!

I'm wondering if anyone could help ID this coin machine? I just opened an account at a bank to use their machine. They've told me that it does accept half dollars but did not know how much the bag could hold. Would also like to know if it rejects silver. It looks similar to the picture I attached but it doesn't the attachment to the right and the overhanging screen. I guess its just a base model. Any help would be great!

JetCoinFastPayCharcoal_300.jpg

Upvote 0

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no idea buddy hope some one else does.

Last edited:

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bank I went into for CWRs had one. All I know is it rejects messed up dimes, thats all I found in the tray anyway.

As an aside- I went into a credit union the other day that had a coin counter, and written in bold on the front of it was "This machine rejects old silver coins." LOL.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!

I'm wondering if anyone could help ID this coin machine? I just opened an account at a bank to use their machine. They've told me that it does accept half dollars but did not know how much the bag could hold. Would also like to know if it rejects silver. It looks similar to the picture I attached but it doesn't the attachment to the right and the overhanging screen. I guess its just a base model. Any help would be great!

View attachment 674696

Its a Cummins Allison machine, look at the name of the jpg you uploaded
JetCoin Money Counting Machine for Retail

They have an older model at a bank by me it works great

Last edited:
OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea I noticed that. I just wanted to see if anyone had experience using this machine. How many halves does the bag hold? Does it jam? Does it reject silver etc.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I noticed that. I just wanted to see if anyone had experience using this machine. How many halves does the bag hold? Does it jam? Does it reject silver etc.
I am going to guess about 1000 in the bag they pulled out of it last night but that was an older model like I said. That wrong, thats one box it had to be holding more than that

Perhaps this marketing piece will say http://www.cumminsallison.com/pdf/jetcoin_fastpay.pdf It is a PDF for banks interested in the machine from there website at Cummins Allison.

Last edited:

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the PDF it definately tells you its capacity

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I assume that the bank can set it to "fill" at any amount they wish. I have a 2 banks (same bank, different branches) near me that have identical machines. One fills at $1000, but the other fills at $500.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It holds 1,998 halves, a guitar pick, and a 50 centavos.

OP
OP
usernameerror

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I visited the bank to dump and I was way off on the machine. It looks similar but is an older machine and lightning fast. There is an compartment in the middle with a lid that you need to lift and dump your coins. Once you close the lid, the machine will start counting. I could put around $200 in halves in the compartment at a time. I would have been able to dump 1000 in 5 minutes if the bag hadn't needed to be changed. I found out that the bag holds $1000 when the teller changed it. Speaking of which, I did see a few Walkers and Bens in the bag but they wouldn't let me buy it. :BangHead: The machine used "Cummins" bags if that makes a difference.

tuleja

Greenie
Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be the cummins money machine. There is one bank in my area that has a coin counter and that is the one they have. Very fast, especially nice for pennies as it has room for 4 $50 bags before needing to be emptied. The one I use doesn't need to have the lid lowered before it starts sorting, I just raise the lid and start pouring.
self service Coin Counter Sorter -- The Money Machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread