Coin Handling One of My Methods

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I'd share a method I use when it come to handling my older and more valuable coins.

I use my computer and scanner.? I scan the front and back of the coin. Then I put the coin in a preferred storage container and leave it alone. Using my computer and photo editing software. I use Photoshop, but any of them work fine. I can then adjust brightness, color, tint etc. and tweak the pic till my hearts content. This technique will often allow me to see details about the coin such as dates, mintmarks lettering etc.... that I may or may not have seen using other methods. I also print the picture and use it as a method of record keeping listing detail about the date, time, location and techniques used to find it on the back.? I can then show the picture around of my finds and I won't be handling the coin over and over risking damage.....I hope this helps someone out there. I find it works great. Besides a picture is worth a thousand word and could save you costly damage ;D

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Psgen

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats something I havn't tried....My jewlers loope just does not cut it in finding the detail on some of my old dug finds,and I am to cheap to buy a 10X-40X microscope....I will try That,,and taking some Macro pics,,to see which works best.....(My scanner is an ALL IN ONE)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread