Coin master pro

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are my best finds.. Includes a heavy Sterling silver class ring, two Silver Merc dimes 6wheat cents a buffalo nickel and a roached Indian head cent. Also a AAA badge from the 50s a Buick car badge from the 30s, a meat cleaver, Knives, toy guns, hot wheels and many other cool old relics.

Attachments

• image-50558211.jpg
    image-50558211.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3907810307.jpg
    image-3907810307.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 124
  • image-271318372.jpg
    image-271318372.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 134

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont' have the coinmaster like you but also about 3 months into the hobby as well and I really like it. Where I live you don't have the cool places to go like other parts of the country, so we find mostly just clad coins and junk items. The stuff you found is so cool. You must be really excited about detecting finding all the cool stuff you have.

I have an AT Pro but don't really know it yet as I am new to it but so far I really like it alot. We went out this morning for a couple hours and I found a hotwheels car and about 35 cents in clad coins but still had fun doing it.

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in northeast PA and I have dug a TON of junk and clad myself but I work nights so I have a lot of time to hunt and most of my best finds all came from the same old home site in the woods near my home. The only good stuff I found elsewhere was the ring (local park) and two wheats (again, parks). Keep at it and I'm sure you will find some good stuff no matter where u live. Good luck and thanks for looking.

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and I found a ww2 jacket button on some bike jumps, of all places.

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best advice novice to novice is to hit the parks near your home hard. That's where I found my ring an that is also what other much more experienced folks have told me. Unless u live near a public beach. Then go there.

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. I live in Florida and most areas near me are not all that old, maybe 1960's and up. So we find alot of clad and stuff. There really isn't alot of old places around that you can hunt at. Of course there are some really old coastal areas but unfortunately being historic sites metal detecting is prohibited :(

We go to the beaches here and hunt once in awhile but so far I have found them to produce less than anywhere else we have gone. Mostly clad coins from the 1990’s and terribly rotted from the salt water. I did find one 1961 quarter there before but it was in such bad condition you cold hardly tell what it was.

I will continue to try the local parks as you mentioned, I think you have something there because thats where most of our finds are made around here.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing kore of your cool finds as you post them.

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So no one else with a Coinmaster pro?

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So no one else with a Coinmaster pro?

I just sold mine! I hated it!
I guess it worked ok but not what I'd consider good by any means. I used it mostly for coin shooting and it just didn't have any depth or very accurate disc. I also felt the screen id was garbage. I guess for tot lot hunting it was almost tolerable especially with the 4x6 eclipse coil & I did find silvers and wheats with it but certainly not at any depth.
In the end my 10yo son wouldn't even use it anymore after he started playing with my MXT Pro. So out it went!

Seems you've done pretty well with yours with all the cool relics! It's probably better suited for that kind of work (bigger items) anyway.

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just sold mine! I hated it!
I guess it worked ok but not what I'd consider good by any means. I used it mostly for coin shooting and it just didn't have any depth or very accurate disc. I also felt the screen id was garbage. I guess for tot lot hunting it was almost tolerable especially with the 4x6 eclipse coil & I did find silvers and wheats with it but certainly not at any depth.
In the end my 10yo son wouldn't even use it anymore after he started playing with my MXT Pro. So out it went!

Seems you've done pretty well with yours with all the cool relics! It's probably better suited for that kind of work (bigger items) anyway.

I have found the screen ID to work well and I have dug some items at almost a foot deep. What IYO makes the mxt pro so much better? What brand is it and how much does it cost?

Srhoads

Apr 26, 2012
Rantoul, IL
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
coinmaster pro= perfect starter detector

I started with a coinmaster pro(have a xlt now). Found over 150 silver, 8 gold rings, tons of relics. Paid for itself over and over. Best thing to do is get the DD shooter coil, makes it a killer detector in heavy trash areas. I think that is how i pulled so much silver from hard hit areas-a lot of it was right next to trash...
If I could, I would not have traded in the coinmaster pro. I would have kept it for the heavy trash areas-it was that good.

ducketz

Jul 28, 2012
I also had the coinmaster pro . Great starter it payed for my next detector , found a nice 1889 barber dime , 2 silver rings ... As far a running the cm pro just reject nails run sensitivity on 4 bars and dig all sounds you get .

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with a coinmaster pro(have a xlt now). Found over 150 silver, 8 gold rings, tons of relics. Paid for itself over and over. Best thing to do is get the DD shooter coil, makes it a killer detector in heavy trash areas. I think that is how i pulled so much silver from hard hit areas-a lot of it was right next to trash...
If I could, I would not have traded in the coinmaster pro. I would have kept it for the heavy trash areas-it was that good.

DD shooter coil?

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The blue max 4+6? That will work with a Coinmaster pro? I will buy one tomorrow!

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or the eclipse shooter dd 4 by 6?

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The blue max 4+6? That will work with a Coinmaster pro? I will buy one tomorrow!

Or the eclipse shooter dd 4 by 6?

No & No!

The only one that works is the Prizm 4x6! The others are specific to other machines. If you get one, makes sure you get the Prizm!

It states which each machine each coil is for on the Whites web site.

Just so you are aware, your depth is going to be cut in half (about) with that coil! But around the tot lots depth is pretty much meaningless anyway!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No & No!

The only one that works is the Prizm 4x6! The others are specific to other machines. If you get one, makes sure you get the Prizm!

It states which each machine each coil is for on the Whites web site.

Just so you are aware, your depth is going to be cut in half (about) with that coil! But around the tot lots depth is pretty much meaningless anyway!

Prizm mini dd coil like this one?

Attachments

• image-320741035.jpg
    image-320741035.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 84

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread