coin rings anyone?

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
koala33 said:
I know you can buy them online and I have watched the how-to videos.. Anyone ever attempted it? Worst case scenario if you have some scrap silver.. I have seen Kennedy's, Franklin's, Walkers, and even Morgan dollars..

I want one pretty bad, I dont wear rings or jewelery though. I have thought about making one out of a 40% as I like the two tone of the copper core. It doesnt look too tough and could give me something to do on a rainy day.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Morgan ring looks very cool. However, I just couldn't bring myself to "mangle" the coin.

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried my first one. Not so great. But I know how to improve.
I posted pics on a thread in "everything else" if you like to see.

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm going to buy a mandrel to attempt it too. They look really cool. I figure Ill practice on clad before I re-purpose a silver coin.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to try this soon too- My lady has all the tools needed so I am just waiting for her to get back from Paris. I will let you all know how it goes- I am afraid that if I use a half I will have a giant ring like you did-

I will post my results!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently wearing a 1944 walker on my right hand and have been for about a year. Both my parents were born in 1944.

Here is the only drawback every once in a while a clad half will hit the ging just right and I'll hear it and start searching again for the the silver I've missed.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Koala , Interesting ! I just made my first one - actually two - my first was from a 40%er ,
I then made one from a 1964 Kennedy - which I am currently wearing - took me easily two
hours of hammering and another hour to drill, saw, and file , and buff . Pretty fun project !
If you have any questions about the processes , just ask ! Argentium.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread