Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past two competition coin roll hunts that I've done with my brother, I have pulled off victories and brought home all the glory. This time, the stakes are higher than ever before.

That's right, we decided to wager a PEACE DOLLAR on who could score the most and best coins out of two boxes of pennies. This hunt was a blast, thanks for watching!

Here's one of the best finds: a 1935-s wheat penny. Only 38 million minted!

Screenshot (164).png

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video man. Love that you share the hobby with your brother. Don't let the negative people bring you down. Keep doing what your doing.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with mxh. If you like it, do it. If others don't like it, don't watch it. Life really is simple :-)

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the support guys...this reminds me of the first post I made here about crh videos. Over a year ago. I went back and read the whole thing just now and I gotta say, some of these people here were just downright cruel. I kinda figured they were joking about how I should "hunt quarters for the best results" but it wasn't super clear to me back then that they were outright mocking me. Well I stuck it out and now we have our own community over on YouTube. Some of the vets might not like it, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished in the past year on YouTube. We built a community out of basically nothing. Myself, StackAttack, and NumisNick were the first consistent posters, and now we've got many others joining us (Coin Hunter, Half Dolla Make You Holla, SilverSearcher, and Couch Coins, to name a few). You should all check out this Couch Coins guy, he's very entertaining.

Anyway, I'm thankful for those who stuck with me from the very beginning. In case the nay-sayers are wondering about what I mean when I say community, here's a piece of mail I recently received from a young fan.

IMG_3019.JPG IMG_3015.JPG

Good luck and happy hunting everyone.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway you look at it, the more videos posted, the more competition. The problem is that people watch the videos and think it's a get rich quick scheme. They get mad at the banks when they won't sell them coins and turn around and dump where they order from. This ruins it for everyone! We "old timers" know how to play the game, so please don't act like you're better and more informed.
I've looked at some of the videos and all I see are showing opening rolls and showing silver found. Nothing about the consequences of not doing things correctly so as not to cause us to lose this great hobby. That's what it is, a hobby. In a nutshell, that's why we don't like the videos. Heck, I comment on the videos because I see so much wrong info. My understanding of the videos also is you want more looks so you can earn money. I'm just saying!

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Thanks for the support guys...this reminds me of the first post I made here about crh videos. Over a year ago. I went back and read the whole thing just now and I gotta say, some of these people here were just downright cruel. I kinda figured they were joking about how I should "hunt quarters for the best results" but it wasn't super clear to me back then that they were outright mocking me. Well I stuck it out and now we have our own community over on YouTube. Some of the vets might not like it, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished in the past year on YouTube. We built a community out of basically nothing. Myself, StackAttack, and NumisNick were the first consistent posters, and now we've got many others joining us (Coin Hunter, Half Dolla Make You Holla, SilverSearcher, and Couch Coins, to name a few). You should all check out this Couch Coins guy, he's very entertaining.

Anyway, I'm thankful for those who stuck with me from the very beginning. In case the nay-sayers are wondering about what I mean when I say community, here's a piece of mail I recently received from a young fan.

View attachment 1414159 View attachment 1414160

Good luck and happy hunting everyone.

"Im thankful I'm creating more competition for myself and slowly but surely helping make my finds smaller and smaller"
All with a smile. You cant script this.

Im all for some camaraderie, hell thats why most of us are here, but videos are another level. If you had a silver or gold mine and you where prospecting would you go into town and post ads where the mine was? Doubtful!

Last edited:

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Anyway you look at it, the more videos posted, the more competition. The problem is that people watch the videos and think it's a get rich quick scheme. They get mad at the banks when they won't sell them coins and turn around and dump where they order from. This ruins it for everyone! We "old timers" know how to play the game, so please don't act like you're better and more informed.
I've looked at some of the videos and all I see are showing opening rolls and showing silver found. Nothing about the consequences of not doing things correctly so as not to cause us to lose this great hobby. That's what it is, a hobby. In a nutshell, that's why we don't like the videos. Heck, I comment on the videos because I see so much wrong info. My understanding of the videos also is you want more looks so you can earn money. I'm just saying!

1000% Would be nice if in one of the videos they explained this is the exception not the rule. And how they needed to search thousands of dollars to get some decent silver. By glamorizing it all they are doing to attracting the wrong crowd. "OOO lets get rich quick, look how easy"
Can hear the conversations now with the tellers, "What do you mean you wont take these back, I just bought them from you", "Im just looking for the silver ones, I dont want those"

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Im thankful I'm creating more competition for myself and slowly but surely helping make my finds smaller and smaller"
All with a smile. You cant script this.

Im all for some camaraderie, hell thats why most of us are here, but videos are another level. If you had a silver or gold mine and you where prospecting would you go into town and post ads where the mine was? Doubtful!

Wow, do you enjoy putting people down? We get it you don't like that he makes videos. But there is nothing you or anyone else can so about it. These stories of people ruining it for everyone else are jut that..."stories". Everyone who has ever started CRH has made some rookie mistakes, but you quickly learn from them. Rookies quickly learn that silver is hard to find. The old timers have a good relationship withat the banks they work with our they should never be worried. Old timers know good and we'll that you get shut down at one bank just move on to the next. There is a million different ways to get coins to CRH.

Stop sounding like an old man yelling at the young kids to stay away from your yard.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mxh, I don't think anyone is looking to put anyone down. They are just voicing their opinion which, in all honesty, is more or less the opinion shared by many of the veteran CRHer's (of course not speaking for all, everyone has their own opinion). The veterans that I know of aren't afraid of competition or of newcomers entering the hobby. Just by the look of these forums you can see that many of the old timers happily provide helpful hints and reminders to those asking questions. The point that is being presented is that these aren't just "stories", all it takes is for someone who is impatient to become a little rude on the wrong day to a head teller and make a mess of a good thing for some other CRHer that may use the same bank. The best way to prevent this is what is being suggested, if you want to make a video take the time to explain the caveats of the hobby or at least just hit some important reminders for those that are watching the videos to enter the hobby. The best way I can explain it is to compare it to metal detecting. Its just like, reminding metal detectorists to fill your holes, ask permission, yadda yadda. I'm not against new members metal detecting in the areas I hunt; but, I do get infuriated when we get banned from an area because a newbie can't follow some simple courtesy rules of the hobby. Its not that I can't just find another place to hunt, its that I may have liked that spot for convenience or for past finds etc. and now it is no longer available because someone rips through the place looking for the mounds of gold that he/she thought they would be finding because of a video they saw. Hope that somewhat explains some of the posts that you are seeing.

-TwoYewts

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That fact remains that these videos have been around for over 10 years now and CRH has not died. So telling the poor kid he is destroying CRH by posting a video and not telling people every single little nuisance of CRH. He is posting videos for the enjoyment of his viewers. He doesn't need to bore them with...make sure you don't dump at the same place you buy them from.

I understand many people are territorial when it comes to CRH. Just know that people don't watch CRH videos if they are not into coins or CRH already. The average person is not going to just stumble on the video. Goto a bank and demand silver. That just doesn't happen. I am willingoing to bet this forum has created more CRH'ers then YouTube has

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dogging a guy for posting a video about searching pennies! Lol! Now I've seen it all! I think the videos are a nice change of pace. All these old guys with their pictures....stone age..... (joking everyone, relax) go get some more coins!!! :headbang:

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good explanation TwoYewts. I wanna say that there are a couple channels on YouTube that I believe take it too far. By that, I mean that they post 2-3 "unbelievable half dollar scores" per week and it's just not real. It's so unrealistic that I would even suspect them of faking/planting coins. But to those who have criticized me...do you even watch my videos?? I hunt primarily pennies, nickels and halves. When I hunt halves, I get the same low average as all of you. Nothing special, it's all real, and I show it like it is. Guess what?? PEOPLE STILL WATCH! It's not even about the finds a lot of the time. It's about how you present them. It's about providing good information to those who are interested. It's about being entertaining and putting smiles on people's faces.

If you have criticized me in the past, I would like to put you in one of two groups. You are either a regular half dollar hunter or you are a hunter of the other denominations. If you are a regular half dollar hunter, I encourage you to actually watch my half dollar hunting videos and tell me what you take issue with. I will be releasing a new one this Saturday where I once again get skunked, so I'm interested to see what y'all have to say. If you are not a regular half dollar hunter and still take issue with my videos, can you please give me a specific explanation as to what coin you are most worried about? This would be very helpful to me.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said it yourself. You mentioned giving people information. But that's the point. I have looked at yours and other's videos and I see mistakes galour. I just wish people would tell the truth. You and others came to tnet with the sole purpose of pushing your videos. Everyone else posts pics and have for years. You and others don't want to. Why? Because you want the videos viewed. You make money off people viewing them. This forum isn't your place of business. In fact, your getting away with promoting your business while vendors have to pay a membership to promote theirs! I'm really surprised the mods haven't thought of this. This isn't an attack, just facts. Another thing before I go. You and the others making remarks about the older members. Just because you assume we've been here longer makes us old shows your immaturity. Many of the long time searchers are in their 20's.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said it yourself. You mentioned giving people information. But that's the point. I have looked at yours and other's videos and I see mistakes galour. I just wish people would tell the truth. You and others came to tnet with the sole purpose of pushing your videos. Everyone else posts pics and have for years. You and others don't want to. Why? Because you want the videos viewed. You make money off people viewing them. This forum isn't your place of business. In fact, your getting away with promoting your business while vendors have to pay a membership to promote theirs! I'm really surprised the mods haven't thought of this. This isn't an attack, just facts. Another thing before I go. You and the others making remarks about the older members. Just because you assume we've been here longer makes us old shows your immaturity. Many of the long time searchers are in their 20's.

Enamel...can you please provide me with specific examples of this "misinformation" you keep talking about in my videos? Also...why are you so consistently implying your own misinformation? I have never labelled any of your posts as attacks. We're just talking, having what should be a decent argument. So again...where did you get the idea that I think the long time hunters are old? Did you think that by stating "You and others..." that you could somehow include me in a group that I don't belong to? Dot your I's and cross your T's man...

I mean...can't you make a convincing argument against me and me alone? Or do you have to include the phrase "You and others" three times in a single post to cover your butt?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well for one example others were pointing out how not teaching the viewers how to do what we do correctly can be detrimental to the hobby and you viewed that as an attack.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You stated that stories of people ruining it for the rest of us is just that, stories. I have seen it myself. Others here have also seen it. They order coins, search them in their car and take them right back into the bank, then put in an order for the next week! They go in and cherrypick the loose coins instead of taking them all! These things cause tellers to frown when they see us come in the door. And the attitudes! Getting angry and throwing a fit when the bank won't sell them a box. Then calling corporate and complaining! Yes these things do happen.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You stated that stories of people ruining it for the rest of us is just that, stories. I have seen it myself. Others here have also seen it. They order coins, search them in their car and take them right back into the bank, then put in an order for the next week! They go in and cherrypick the loose coins instead of taking them all! These things cause tellers to frown when they see us come in the door. And the attitudes! Getting angry and throwing a fit when the bank won't sell them a box. Then calling corporate and complaining! Yes these things do happen.

I don't know why you are blaming YouTube videos for that. Those stories are just people being dumb. Your have that in all hobbies.

While you are right that there have been Members here that only post their videos and only joined her for the sole purpose of getting views. I can honestly state that Ryyanq isn't that type of member. I have seen plenty of posts that he gives good insight or answers questions.

I think some people have a misconception about YouTube. rryanq is not getting good rich off of what he does. He probably makes $20 a month if he is lucky off his videos. Only people who have hundreds of thousands of subscribers to make any kind of living off of it. I haven't seen any errors in his videos. Most of the silver he shows on his videos are of the pieces he buys from a coin shop. I have yet to see a video that would lead a viewer to believe they would get rich doing what he is doing.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO, enough has been said to Ryan and enough has been said by Ryan about CRH videos.

The only thing as annoying as Ryan telling ppl how great his videos are is ppl telling Ryan how dumb it is for him to post videos.

That said, everyone should feel just as welcome to criticize the behavior as Ryan is to continue it. The mods love to lecture about Ryan's right to directly promote his videos on TNet even though they are commercialized (and thereby against TNet rules). They even purge threads of candid discussion and criticism of support of that policy. Clearly this will continue. I predict that this thread will be "cleaned" before long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions