Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 10 year old granddaughter has been coin roll hunting with me now when she's stays over....so far I've been unable to beat my 1916 date on wheatbacks....so I let her go through some rolls from a $25 box and she pulled a 1912 out of one of the rolls....and did alittle victory dance when I told her it was the oldest date so far beating my 1916 date...she loves going through pennies because they're easy to identify....really a joy to share this hobby with her...

Thanks for viewing!

Attachments

• IMG_20230505_213719856~2.jpg
    IMG_20230505_213719856~2.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Upvote 16

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good fun to keep the young ones amused, without using a phone/screen.
It's more commonly referred to Coin Roll Hunting (CRH) & if we still had silver circulating over here, I would be doing it as well.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good fun to keep the young ones amused, without using a phone/screen.
It's more commonly referred to Coin Roll Hunting (CRH) & if we still had silver circulating over here, I would be doing it as well.
Ah CRH...good to know....the other day I was looking for my slippers (not sure what they are called there) and I couldn't remember the name and said "where are my muffins?" She seems naturally immune to phones/screens and enjoys board games when she's over which is refreshing....

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah CRH...good to know...
Got a whole Forum on it.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 10 year old granddaughter has been coin roll hunting with me now when she's stays over....so far I've been unable to beat my 1916 date on wheatbacks....so I let her go through some rolls from a $25 box and she pulled a 1912 out of one of the rolls....and did alittle victory dance when I told her it was the oldest date so far beating my 1916 date...she loves going through pennies because they're easy to identify....really a joy to share this hobby with her...

Thanks for viewing!
Nice find.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is indeed a great activity neighbor! I started my two out many years ago to the point where they only need a couple of the ultra keys to finish off a set- keep the experience going!

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is indeed a great activity neighbor! I started my two out many years ago to the point where they only need a couple of the ultra keys to finish off a set- keep the experience going!
I've got her started with two coin books, one for pennies, the other, nickels...I figure those seem to produce the most finds when coin roll hunting...I get to sort of relive my childhood as well. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread