Coin Search 2/18/11

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got off work a little early on Friday, so hit up a few banks before they closed.

Bank #1: Went to dump dimes, coin machine was broke >:(. Bank forgot to order my 2 boxes of halves (as suspected since they didn't call me) >:(. Picked up $100 in dimes as placed $2K order for halves which won't be in for two weeks.

Bank #2: Picked up $100 in dimes and $1 in halves (both clad).

Bank #3: Placed order for $1K in halves. They still had 2 boxes from our order two weeks ago...either the wife didn't get the message they had come in or they lost her number and didn't call. Picked those up along with $100 in dimes. I like this branch even though it is out of the way because they don't seem to mind ordering boxes of halves as long as it's no more than $2K a week, and they are never busy. Hopefully they don't cut me off later.

End result: Both boxes of halves were a bust (this makes four in a row). Found a 1963-d and 1964-d out of the dimes, even though 15 rolls were solid 2010-p. Again, not a very productive week. Have started doing some dimes just to keep the motivation levels up. Hope it turns around this week.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish you better luck on your next 4 boxes.....Matt

Top Member Reactions