Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At most spots around me I average about $1.50 per hour. I have had a couple sites that were so infested with coins that I did average as much as $8.00 per hour, but alas I have pounded those sites to death to where I dig less than $1.00 per hour now.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do dig at public parks and schools, but my favorite places to detect are permissions (old yards) where I can find coins that are 100 or more years old. I'll take 3 keepers over $10 in clad any
day.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Usually I find something but if I don't and the sun is shinning, birds singing, it was a good day! Just getting out in nature is a good day for me and the finds are gravy.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here in the usa anything above a quarter isn't used much for coins. so takes a whole lot more coins found to make those kind of figures.

OP
OP
P

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here in the usa anything above a quarter isn't used much for coins. so takes a whole lot more coins found to make those kind of figures.

In Europe we have the advantage of the 1 an 2 euro coins. In the US you need 8 quarters for 1 piece of 2 euro, this makes a big different.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do dig at public parks and schools, but my favorite places to detect are permissions (old yards) where I can find coins that are 100 or more years old. I'll take 3 keepers over $10 in clad any
day.

Exactly! When I get a new place I'll run around in the high traffic areas to get a general idea of what I'm working with...hunted, hunted hard, virgin etc...depending on time I'll hunt high signals, if I have plenty time I'll dig everything. I've had the good fortune to hunt 2 virgin spots, reaping $250+ from just clad, half a dozen silver rings a few silver coins and ten metric tons of trash...my best day was probably $30 in clad from one of my spots, about $7.50 per hour...one plug had EIGHT quarters, adds up fast like that! Good luck...Ddf

Bigjdub

Jul 21, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as I'm finding coins I'm happy. I don't keep track of how much I find per hour. A lot of spots I go are well hunted so I'm only going to find fresh drops for the most part. If I leave them alone for more then 2 weeks I can tell someone already hit them. In those spots I probably average 0.75 per hour. The way I look at it the clad pays for my batteries and some of my gas. When and if I find jewelry that will pay for my time.

I look at it like a chess game. I want to think of spots in these searched areas no one else has. For instance where I live some of the homeless make crude shelters out of driftwood on the beach to sleep in. It doesn't take long for them to get run off and then I run my coil around inside them. So for me it's all about being in the right place at the right time. Regardless of what I find or if I get skunked it's always better then being stuck at work and that's priceless.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
My best day was 466 coins. I don't know the face value of that. That was after a beach storm left coins so thick, that each basket had multiple coins. I could have had 1000 coins, if I'd shown up earlier (the incoming tide chased me out while there was still thousands of signals to choose from). Lots of old coins and a $2.50 gold that day too.

Trying to rack of impressive face value counts is difficult here in the USA, since our highest denomination coin (realistically speaking) is only .25c

Would love to do Japan. Where they have coins of $1 and $5, that are carried every bit as much as .25 is carried here :)

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All time record probably 100 coins. I've hit only four tot lots this year and only got maybe 20 coins total. One of these lots would normally net me 20-40 coins depending on how long between visits.

Best coin spill, or more likely multiple drops, was 38 coins dead under one swing on a swingset.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting nearly 50 Euros in one day is insane, around $60! When I did clad shooting during my first year of metal detecting, $2 dollars in one hunt was a good day! You seem to be doing very good, keep it up. :thumbsup:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My best record was 92 coins for $6.85 on 10/6/16 at a dirt digging.

Day before yesterday I dug 81 coins in 3.5 hours, while my buddy Steve = I think it was 106 coins swinging his Tejon, danged he's good with that machine.

I've been thinking I've been hindering myself paying attention to the FE/CO numbers on the CTX, while Steve just digs every beep, no TID on that Tejon. Steve digs more trash it seems than good targets, while even though I've begun digging zincolns again, I still find far less trash than Steve.

Sooooo......

What's that telling me?

Gotta stop looking at numbers, just digging every solid signal - or maybe I should go back to my 1260X

Just because it's a 3030, there's a moral to remember here.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Because of hand and leg problems due to age catching up on me, I limit my hunts to 2 hours, always in the mornings. 15-25 coins is my average.

My best day was 72 coins in 6 hours. Took me days to record er. Never again.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My record finds for one 4hr.hunt was 100 coins with 68 of those being qtrs. It was a 27 year locked bleachers and concession stand high school stadium. Went back a second time and hit for 82 more coins. Almost $35.00 total. No silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread