coin shooting CZ-3d or MXT

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
If it's possible I think you should try both of them out and find out for yourself which one YOU like better. It's my opinion that asking the question which detector is better only results in mostly biased opinions. I'm guessing that not many people have pitted those two particular detectors against each other in a comprehensive side by side comparison. Under different conditions and in different parts of the country.
The most honest answer, I believe, would be one detector will out perform the other in some instances but will under perform in others.
Most detectors in the same price range will be similar in performance. Whichever detector you buy I think it's more important to learn what that detector is telling you. The more you learn about a detector while using it the "better" that detector becomes.
One factor I would definitely take into consideration is the number of different coils are available for a certain detector. The more coils it can use the more versatile the machine.
Good luck on your decision.

OP
OP
T

TREETOPPER

My question is entirely based upon which MD will work best for me. This question is not suppose to be bias in any way.My concern is which one will i get the most out of for the money.I just dont wont to sacrifice on coin detecting to have a better nugget shooter.
It's easier to ask opinions from people right now than anything else.
How true is it that a MXT will never be as good as a comparably priced specialty type unit.

R

rvbvetter

I believe what Slow Sweeper is saying, is that some of the replys you get to your question, might be biased. Not that your question is biased.
I haven't used an MXT, so I can't say on it.
But I have the DFX and CZ 3D, and over time I've come to prefer the CZ 3D for coin hunting. The CZ has great depth too and in my opinion is a more stable and faster detector, along with being easier to understand and to operate. And with it's very destinctive tone for coins, it's allowed me to work some very trashy sites and pulled coins up that would have been more difficult using the DFX.
But that's just my opinion and the next person to respond will probably feel just the opposite. And that's as it should be. Bottom line is, the best of the 2 will be the one that best suits that particular operator. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread