Coin shooting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stock coil is a compromise between depth and being able to only get one item at a time under the coil. Depending where you are going to hunt determines how you hunt. Trashy areas call for a sniper coil as it is less likely to get more than one target under the coil at one time and it makes pinpointing much easier.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really, the question is what sort of hunting are you doing? Are you hitting open ground? Or swinging in trashy parks?

OP
OP
L

lost hunter

Longhair said:
Really, the question is what sort of hunting are you doing? Are you hitting open ground? Or swinging in trashy parks?

All over the place, parks,fields, woods

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best advice that I can give w/o going into a ton of detail, is to go to the MineLab website. In the "TreasureTalk" section there is a four part article written by Randy Horton called "Which Xterra Coil Is Best For Me".

Here are the links.
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? - Part 3 | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? - Part 4 | Treasure Talk

If you have any questions beyond what is covered in the articles, I'll be happy to assist.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The best advice that I can give w/o going into a ton of detail, is to go to the MineLab website. In the "TreasureTalk" section there is a four part article written by Randy Horton called "Which Xterra Coil Is Best For Me".

Here are the links.
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? - Part 3 | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? - Part 4 | Treasure Talk

If you have any questions beyond what is covered in the articles, I'll be happy to assist.

Randy is one smart feller! When it comes to Minelab advice he is THE MAN!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions