Upvote 0

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. The chute is exactly the issue that is keeping me from getting my sorter/comparitor operation going. Now I'll try it your way, since I can't find any hot wheels tracks.

OP
OP
B

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks. The chute is exactly the issue that is keeping me from getting my sorter/comparitor operation going. Now I'll try it your way, since I can't find any hot wheels tracks.

Ah yes, the CHUTE...it was my nemesis also. I recalled an old adage that applied to pub crawling from my younger days; the shorter the distance from the bar (hopper) to home (comparitor) the less trouble one can get into. In the case of sorter chutes size does matter...the shorter the better.

I tried the Hot Wheels track and it worked but I like this better. I found the track at Walmart. If I can re-find it in my workshop you can have it for the shipping cost.

The plastic (acrylic) sheet I used is found at Menards, Lowes, and probably Home Depot. The four hole mending bracket used to mount the chute to the hopper is also from the big box building supply store and lines up with the holes on an IGT S2000 hopper. The plastic sheet is easily bent using a heat gun or maybe a hair dryer. The metal is from heating duct pieces, again at the big box stores.

Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread