Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinpoint is an all metal mode that does not identify the target. When you get a signal that indicates a quarter (in search mode), move about 90 degrees and swing over the target again. If you continue to get a quarter signal, then you probably have a quarter. Don't forget, the signal has to be repeatable. Nails and even aluminum with their sharp points will look like a quarter, but only from certain angles, and will have other indications, such as broken signals, that it is trash.

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you pay attention to where the hit is in motion or discrimination mode. And then it moves when pinpointing it is most likely iron. Aluminum is more difficult to discern although with cans the vdi's are slightly off compared to quarters and you can size the target while pinpointing. Which will tip you off that you're dealing with an aluminum can.

coinmaster

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Coinmaster Gt,and i have had a coinmaster for 3 years. Sometimes diffrent metals hit at diffrent levels, but the coinmaster Gt is a very good machine if it is hitting in the high range like that more then likley there is a good target there, make sure you have a pinpointer and recheck the hole after digging anything out of it. Just last week before i got my GT i was using my old coinmaster, I got a nickle hit, I dug down and there were 3 nickles, I got up a rescanned the hole and there were more hits, I ended up with 3 nickles one being buffalo one was a war time nickle. and 3 merc, and a 1944 washington quarter. So always recheck your hole. I have a great page on a diffrent site i run but these people on here will not allow me to post it. If you want it send me a message. But alot of people on there have coinmasters and can help.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Coin GT in pinpoint mode displays a depth number, not the VDI. I think the depth lacks a decimal point, so "20" means 2.0 inches. Maybe that's the confusion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread