Coinmaster GT help

aWaredetector

Feb 25, 2013
massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been hunting the same field for several weeks as each day is turning out some great finds. I have my sensitivity all the way up, until my last two hunts. As of late I have been getting the "overload" signal and not sure why. Like I said its the same grounds I've been hunting all along and never had the ol signal in the past. Is there a problem with my machine ? Can extreme heat and humidity affect it? Please excuse me if these are dumb questions, still new to the hobby.
Thanks

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ground is drying out, you will have to turn it down a little. Either that or you are going over something big.

ilovemycows

May 26, 2013
Joshua, Texas
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Garret Ace 250 (my son's), Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you elaborate on the sensitivity setting? I got a Coinmaster GT in April. I don't understand the sensitivity adjustment recommendations. Any advice will be appreciated.

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To simplify what's happening , detectors are sensitive to coin sized objects up to 7-8 inches in the ground . When you pass over a flattened soda can or large rusted sized object it will sometimes show Silver Dollar . But when you pinpoint , the object is so large and sends back such a BIG signal , most detectors will say OVERLOAD . My XLT does it on soda cans all the time . I you use a probe , it will help you to detemine these bad objects before digging . Hope this helps .

ilovemycows

May 26, 2013
Joshua, Texas
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Garret Ace 250 (my son's), Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I have had that happen before. Would you set your sensitivity high, low or mid range? On my Coinmaster the only thing I have discrimination turned off for are nails/iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread