Coinmaster gt or x terra 305?

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro, coinmaster gt, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive owned an mxt pro with a 10" d2 coil. It proved to be an awesome detector. Due to my life right now I just wasn't using it enough to justify how much I spent on it so I sold it.Spring is around the corner and I'm looking for another. In the 400$ range. I've narrowed my personal preference choices down to the coinmaster gt and x terra 305. Xterra has a broad range of coils to choose from but no backlight. Coinmaster has like 3 coils other than the aftermarket ones and a backlight. I am dry land hunting in pretty mineralized ground. Mainly coin shooting. Every once in a while hitting a stream or two. Fella already referred me to the fisher f4 which I appreciate and am going to look into. I'm hoping some of you who have used both the coinmaster gt and x terra 305 detectors can give me your two cents. Thanks guys an gals

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mineralized ground- make sure which ever one you choose has ground balance. My guess is between the two detectors you mentioned, it would probably be a coin toss.

OP
OP
Treasureman25

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I'm thinking..That's why I was hoping to get some feedback off of here to help me decide.

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not used the minelab, but have used my wifes coinmaster gt pro, it has auto ground balance and tracking, backlight plus much more. In
features it would compare to the minelab 705 except the 705 has a prospect mode, in New England soil she was hitting coins at 8 to 10 inches, and
the 4x6 coil is good in trashy áreas. It operates at 8khz Oh, I forgot to mention it has a beach mode, but is best in dry sand. It Works well in
mineralized soil. The lower shaft is polycarbonate, not sure if I am missing something, as for features you can verify on whites website.

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems to me that you would get more for your money with the Whites.

OP
OP
Treasureman25

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. Thank you all. I'm ordering the gt.

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Good move! I had a 305 for a week and returned it......... impossible to ground balance. The 305 is made in Malaysia and Whites are made in Oregon

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I currently don't use Whites. From what I have read though, their customer service is top notch. In the end I think you made a great choice. Look at the features Lem49 stated. For the money that seems like a great detector.

Good luck and keep us posted!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently had a 705 xterra not for long just wasn't for me but it was a good quality built machine by far,I've also had many whites machines my most recent was the v3i,whites does make very very good machines there customer service is top notch, just cant go wrong, if it were just these 2 machines I'm agreeing with you aswell to the gt more bang I think, just don't forget now with the xterra line you can simply by changing coils you can change ur frequency given you a whole different machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread