robgwv

robgwv

Feb 17, 2013
west virginia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Then I have no idea what he needs then. Guess I'll find out this weekend.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Coinmaster didn't have any ground balance adjustment and was just preset at the factory. This is fine if you are in mild soil. Lay some different coins, pull tabs, gold rings on the ground and see where they disc out at. Practice pinpointing and try to use a screw driver to touch the coin and pop it out.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rob, as mentioned, GB is preset so you don't have to worry about that. There is also no threshold to adjust, it is a silent search detector. However, you can set the sensitivity - start with it at near maximum and hold the coil out at chest level. If it gives false signals, lower it a notch at a time until it remains quiet. The occasional beep isn't a big deal. Once you have set the sens, you can set the discrimination. You have the ability to notch out targets such as pull tabs, etc., of course, you'll lose nickels, but there you go. That's pretty much it for settings. In use, when the target is detected, press and hold pinpoint, make and 'X' and dig. If you press pinpoint twice, it'll lock in all metal and you can pinpoint that way, just remember to press it again to go back to search mode. That's just about everything you need to know to operate the Coinmaster.
Good luck!

OP
OP
robgwv

robgwv

Feb 17, 2013
west virginia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, That's sounds pretty much like my F2..So, I should be able to help him.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where are you guys going, if I may be so nosy...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread