Coins and strange ring from my deep pasture permission.

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, its not often that I get out metal detecting two days on the bounce but this weekend has been one of them times!

Granted both sessions were only about a couple of hours each but with lovely warm and sunny weather I could hardly complain.

Anyway today I completely missed the tide so the beach and river were both out the equation so that left me one option, my deep pasture site.

I used the Makro racer detector with my usual settings of 3 tones, 90 gain, 35 I'd filter and the rest of the settings as per the factory. I find these settings to be very deep on clean pasture.

Today's session turned out to be a bit of a coin shoot with quite a few pre-decimals coming up from a good depth and also so other bits and pieces. One piece that does intrigue me is a bronze ring which I don't think is a finger ring but it does look to have some age to it, I have heard of ring money but I don't know if this is one of them. Any ideas anyone?

Anyway here is the video with all the finds made.

https://youtu.be/mGEVnhBVEO0

Many thanks all and happy hunting

Upvote 0

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Peace and love....peace and love! ... I think I've just dug up Paul's lost filling!" :laughing7:

Good job! Your videos are entertaining mate! My wife is from Bristol area (I'm a Yank) and we were trying to figure out where your accent is from, but you sure do sound like Ringo!

The ring you found is horse tack. Nice green patina on some of those halfpennies there :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Peace and love....peace and love! ... I think I've just dug up Paul's lost filling!" :laughing7:

Good job! Your videos are entertaining mate! My wife is from Bristol area (I'm a Yank) and we were trying to figure out where your accent is from, but you sure do sound like Ringo!

The ring you found is horse tack. Nice green patina on some of those halfpennies there :thumbsup:

Haha thanks buddy, I'm from east Yorkshire which will explain the accent. As always thanks for watching and taking the time to comment :)

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the English pastures -- got permission to a pasture when we were on holiday in Devon a couple years back and found a lot of nice things including my first two Roman coins. Never been much further north than London yet unfortunately. Looking forward to your next video--throw a few "Ringoisms" in there as a laugh :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions