Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was driving a back road on the way home the other day and spotted a little field that did not have any fencing around it. It is across the street from a grave yard so I thought I may find a coin or two. With in ten minutes I had two Nazi coins. I left after an hour and a half. I left with 11 coins. I came back with a friend of mine from work and he found six coins and a old silver ring and I found another six and a small clock key. I just got my friend into hunting and he is hooked. He does real well with an ace 250 he got a couple of weeks ago.I tell you, for the price that is a great little detector. There are still coins to find but I am gonna try to get in touch with the farm owner and see if I can hunt all the surrounding fields.I was told it was OK but the guy was not the owner and the gate has a lock on it. I figure if it is locked I better get the real owners permission. I am sure I can clean house If I am allowed on the rest of the property. I drove to the other side of the village today to see what was there and there is a large tower on a hill top that has a date of 1913 on it. it is surrounded by fields so I am gonna give that area a try soon. It is amazing what you can find just by taking a drive around here.I am also throwing in a picture of an old axe head I found a couple of weeks ago.It looks like one of the real old ones but I am not certian. All of the coins I dug are pretty common but still fun to dig. The ages range from 1874 to the newest date is 1950. Hope I have more to post in the next few days. Thanks for looking and HH. :)

Attachments

• Apr08$023coins.jpg
    Apr08$023coins.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 255
  • april8coins.jpg
    april8coins.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 252
  • aprilaxe2.jpg
    aprilaxe2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: coins!

Well you done did it again, birdman!

Great finds.

Some day you'll have to build a house/museum to show-off all your digs!

Badger

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds and glad you could get out to hunt, also thanks for the poists. I really enjoy seeing all the neat things mders are finding out there.

coinshoter01

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2005
sydney australia
Good job birdman go get the rest after permission is granted and post a couple of pics of the area sounds nice im in australia so i like to see some yankie country side

cheerz

spotty

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
BIRDMAN, Very Nice Finds, Congrats. Trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 174.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 174.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 168
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 174.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 174.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 161

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WTG! Very nice finds.....good instincts on the field. Keep us posted on more finds ;D

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions