Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins, CW & other buttons, relics

Hunted 2 old homesites tonight and did very good. The first site is in a mowed field and it is absolutely terrible for digging. I was using my big spade shovel and it took all I could to dig 4-5" down. This site netted the 83 Indian and the 63 Fatty Indian along with the flat buttons and my favorite relic in the bunch...the object that looks like a decorative C clamp. Any of you have any information on that? The next site netted miscellaneous relics and the two military buttons. The eagle button I am familiar with but the Rhode Island Hope button seems to be pretty special. If you know your buttons, tell me more about this and if it is rare at all, thanks.

100_2930.jpg

100_2937.jpg

100_2936.jpg

100_2935.jpg

100_2934.jpg

Upvote 0

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Coins, CW & other buttons, relics

Beautiful Lost history you found just amazing

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumright: wow awsome finds

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

In the second picture I see a sewing bird clamp. I have one just like it with the eagle that goes on it. Congrats on the finds. HH....
Go and type in search "sewing bird", and you will find it. The clamp had an eagle, and two pin cussions on it.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds and I love that Rhode Island button.

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Old River for that ID of the sewing clamp. I googled it and what a great piece of history to find. It's too bad mine wasn't complete with the bird though. Probably one of the more interesting relics that I have found to date.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a beautiful assortment of finds there. I can tell you this--it looks like you've got a sword hanger there in the photo with the suspender clips :o 8) (right hand side of the photo).

Your Rhode Island button appears to be coat sized, and it is listed as #RI203A2 in Tice. Backmark is c.1860s. :thumbsup:

Great stuff. I am jealous of your suspender clips too. :hello2:

-Buckles

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

Good button!! Not super rare..but rare enough!! Any state button is good in my book.... keep it up!

MB

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT

great finds
love those old buttons

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice group of finds! I sure like that Rhode Island staff officer button!! :icon_thumleft:

Steve

kevin11

Mar 12, 2009
Bronson,Michigan
Detector(s) used
ace 250

Nice finds those IH look to be in great shape.Boy we sure could use so more rain over here the ground is as hard as a rock.........Kevin :icon_thumleft:

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro

Congrats on the impressive finds !

TommNJ

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy said:
That is a beautiful assortment of finds there. I can tell you this--it looks like you've got a sword hanger there in the photo with the suspender clips :o 8) (right hand side of the photo).

Your Rhode Island button appears to be coat sized, and it is listed as #RI203A2 in Tice. Backmark is c.1860s. :thumbsup:

Great stuff. I am jealous of your suspender clips too. :hello2:

-Buckles
I tried googling sword hangers but wasn't having any luck dating this one. Any ideas? Thanks for the specific ID on the button as well.
kevin11 said:
Nice finds those IH look to be in great shape.Boy we sure could use so more rain over here the ground is as hard as a rock.........Kevin :icon_thumleft:
That is an understatement. I scratched a couple items while trying to dig through the concrete-like dirt. The second homesite was in the woods and even though it was dry, it was much easier to dig.
MonkeyBoy said:
Good button!! Not super rare..but rare enough!! Any state button is good in my book.... keep it up!

MB
I don't know much about the buttons but enjoy finding out. I found a NY CW button this year as well along with quite a few regular CW eagle buttons. It is interesting to find these other state buttons here in Michigan.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wallhangers said:
I tried googling sword hangers but wasn't having any luck dating this one. Any ideas? Thanks for the specific ID on the button as well.

See reply #14 on this post. Does your find have the nub of a broken piece on the other side?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,260117.0.html

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy said:
Wallhangers said:

See reply #14 on this post. Does your find have the nub of a broken piece on the other side?

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,260117.0.html

Best Wishes,

Buckles
Here is a picture of the opposite side. It appears there was a flapper that held the opening shut at one time. Does this help?

100_2940.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread