jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this has to be the Strangest Tale I've read in awhile.

LISBON - A Florida coin collector claiming he was swindled by William Kimpel, owner of Kimpel's Jewelry and Gifts of Columbiana, has filed a civil lawsuit in Columbiana County Common Pleas Court.
Michael Brown of Inverness, Fla., is seeking more than $125,000 in compensatory and punitive damages from Kimpel.
- See more at: Coins focus of civil lawsuit - MorningJournalNews.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Lisbon, Ohio - The Morning Journal

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Reads like a classic bait and switch, plus that, for the guy that lost all his money, if he did not suspect something odd when asked to meet at a hotel, then there is most likely more to that story than what has been told, I would bet the coins probably we not his to begin with, of course the guy could be a totally trusting innocent person, which sucks.

Mike

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
right here tells me something isn't right with this guy

He offered to sell it to Brown for $30,000, for which Brown gave him a check. Kimpel kept the coin, claiming he would have it graded at a coin show in Long Beach, Calif., in a month. -

he paid out $30,000 & didn't take the coin with ?

it wasn't even graded yet ? he still paid $30,000 in advance ?

then went on to do more business without receiving any coins ?

this guy should have had Sucker tatooed on his Forehead

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably so, sounds like a fence operation where one of the crooks is actually dumb enough to try and take a legal route for recovery, I plan on following this story to see what more comes to light, innocent sucker, or dumb criminal..either way it will probably get rather interesting lol.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread