Coins in Westchester, NY

The Standard

Nov 9, 2005
White Plains New York
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
I heard this story about 10 years ago from a reliable source about bags of coins in Valhalla NY. As the story goes it was the 1970s and some coins were being shipped through the USPS. They never got to their destination and were instead deposited unceremoniously into the Kensico Reservoir. I unfortunately don't know much more than that. From what I remember they were allegedly thrown in their bags from the center of the roadway that is on top of the dam. I don't know what material the bags were made of so there is no telling if they would have survived underwater for that long. But apparently it was worth a small fortune in the 70s. I don't plan on looking for the bags because I believe it is illegal to dive in the reservoir (NYC water supply), i don't have any underwater THing experience, and the currents would kind of scare me. Best of luck to anyone who goes after them. A word of warning, the bags were allegedly stolen before being dumped so this may have legal complications. Let me know if you find anyhting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread