coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got these coins today at my LCS. What are they? Thanks in advance! The first coin I believe is a Connecticut halfpenny but I don't know what year or variety. The second coin is from Hessen but I don't know what denomination. The third coin I believe is from Korea but I don't know what year. The last coin I believe is a William Henry Harrison hard times token but I am not sure.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yang Hoa, you have your own reference material you must use regularly but what is your assessment of the information at the link provided in the post by IdahoTokens, immediately preceding your reply? It's always nice to get reference sites that are reliable. Thanks for any insight.
PP55

Upvote 0

Yang Hao

Feb 23, 2015
Haerbin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yang Hoa, you have your own reference material you must use regularly but what is your assessment of the information at the link provided in the post by IdahoTokens, immediately preceding your reply? It's always nice to get reference sites that are reliable. Thanks for any insight.
PP55

I'm not sure as I don't use them for reference. I use Chinese language sites and Chinese language articles when looking up info. Then post a wiki link because it's in English.

Upvote 0

Yang Hao

Feb 23, 2015
Haerbin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks and it's nice to know you find Wikipedia helpful and accurate enough to use as a reference.

I do a quick glance of the English info and it does have some of the same info as the Chinese sites I use for research. In the future I can post the chinese links. I've done that a few times in the past. For example here is info on the above coin on china's baidu site

https://baike.baidu.com/item/宽永通宝/5211765?fr=aladdin

And from a chinese site I found what the back of the coin looks like.
back.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread