coins underneath rolls in coin boxes?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, i've recently stepped up my volume with more nickel and penny searches, i've also noticed at the bottom of every other coin box, 2-4 coins will be just sitting on the bottom of the box not inside any rolls, and each roll is sealed and have no holes, (paper wrapped), has anybody else come across this? Believe me, I am not complaining, but I think that finding coins in the bottom of coin boxes outside of rolls is kind of weird.
hh
buff

Upvote 0

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
Sometimes that happens to me I think it's just an error but something weird is that every coin I found at the bottom if the box is always silver. No idea why.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hah, i wish the ones I found recently were silver... nothing more than modern zincolns and newer jefferson nickels, lol.
Sometimes that happens to me I think it's just an error but something weird is that every coin I found at the bottom if the box is always silver. No idea why.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I get them falling out of the Brink's plastic wraps but not the paper wrapped ones. I have had a dime roll be in the middle of a nickel box already so anything is possible where they are processing them at. They are probably just throwing money around at each other and when some lands in the boxes they just leave it there.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
About a month ago I found a penny sitting on top of my rolls in a Garda box of halves.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions