Coins!

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_3326.jpg IMG_3317.jpg IMG_3324.jpg
Not mine! I totally wish though lol Found them on my desk when a friend of the family popped in my office today to show me his coin collection since we've been talking about it when he comes by to visit. I love old coins! He has tons of wheats, silver quarters, Indian heads, tokens issued during the depression, and some foreign coins. I was able to research the shield nickel for him and the Trinidad and Tobago coin. But curious about these....
IMG_3321.jpg
This dime with a hole in it? Made into a charm for a necklace or bracelet? Or in some other posts I've seen counterfeit coins having holes drilled in them? He has no clue. Just found it as is years and years ago.
IMG_3319.jpg IMG_3320.jpg
And this one. I was able to find that it's some type of Spanish currency. The date looks like 1313, but I'm pretty sure it's 1813. It says Ferdinand something. I read where several different Hispanic countries used this coin, but on the back side, top leftish, it says "A.G". I think it may have to do with whatever country that one is for? I couldn't find a picture of one like it. The ones I saw when I searched have different letters in that spot. There's quite a few different variations. Love love love this stuff!

Upvote 21

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does he ever want company while he is looking for marble ill just swing my detector behind him8-). just kidding but could be an amazing field to detect

OP
OP
LByles

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does he ever want company while he is looking for marble ill just swing my detector behind him8-). just kidding but could be an amazing field to detect

We've actually dug at one of those fields just a few times! Hubby found a silver quarter. I got skunked for the most part. We moved to the other end of that field behind old slave quarters and right when we found were there was once an old house, it was time to head home. Same spot I found an old hinge. We haven't been back out yet b/c we've been hunting a new permission. Just gained another that we will be checking out this weekend. My husband likes to hunt CW relics. I'll take pretty much anything old!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice group of coins:icon_thumleft:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dime with the hole in it, is a Barber dime. It was probably someones birth year, so they drilled a hole and put it around their neck with a string or chain of some sort.

OP
OP
LByles

LByles

Dec 23, 2019
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The owner of the coins just stopped by my office! He is wondering if y'all have any suggestions on how to clean the Spanish coin so we can read it better. I know it's hard to see in the picture, but it didn't really look tarnished. More like it had 100 year old gum hardened on it lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread