Coins

Blackcloud71

Feb 13, 2024
Is anyone on here that knows about coins. I'm just learning but have notice the 2023 penny seems to be doubled or I'm seeing things.
WIN_20240315_13_23_30_Pro.jpg

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Blackcloud71,

“Find a penny, pick it up, all day long you’ll have good luck!”

Looks to me to be

This 2023 Lincoln Shield Penny is a must-have for coin collectors. It features an Extra V and Grease Error, making it a unique addition to any collection. The coin is made of copper and was minted in Denver, United States. It is ungraded and uncertified, adding to its rarity and value.

Penny USjpg.jpg

OP
OP
Blackcloud71

Blackcloud71

Feb 13, 2024
Hi Blackcloud71,

Looks to me to be

This 2023 Lincoln Shield Penny is a must-have for coin collectors. It features an Extra V and Grease Error, making it a unique addition to any collection. The coin is made of copper and was minted in Denver, United States. It is ungraded and uncertified, adding to its rarity and value.

View attachment 2137305

Hi Blackcloud71,

Looks to me to be

View attachment 2137305
It sure does but beats me lol.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
2023 one cent coins are not copper, but zinc and then copper electroplated, of which, the plating on that one is of poor quality.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This appears to be die deterioration doubling, extremely common on the zinc cents. It is the result of a worn die.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely an error coin.
Note the "E" for example.
And yes... Doubling.
As said above worn die attributes... Which is the main cause of error coins.
Value = minimal to what someone will pay... IMO... it would be a good Ebay candidate.

OP
OP
Blackcloud71

Blackcloud71

Feb 13, 2024
Definitely an error coin.
Note the "E" for example.
And yes... Doubling.
As said above worn die attributes... Which is the main cause of error coins.
Value = minimal to what someone will pay... IMO... it would be a good Ebay candidate.
I got a box from the bank and still have about 17 rolls to go. Seems like they are all like this.

Reactions: ARC
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Then it would be safe to assume.... it will be a very common error.
Or, he has them all :D

I had that once with new BUC $ coins from the bank, and half the roll had feeder finger scratches. I sold them ~20x face on ebay one at a time. Worst first up to the best auctions, not BIN. I didn't mention what I thought caused the error, buyers might have assumed something. Only listed one at a time so as not to have my coins in competition with each other or offering an alternative. I never mentioned more were coming. Dang I feel sneaky :D I saved one for me :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread