Coinshooting at the lake.

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put way too much time in for the rewards, but I'm still learning the DD signals on the Gamma 6K. It's phenomenal on spitting out tabs, but it can fool me bad on screwcaps. I've gotten a little better at hearing them, I still have to dig them all, but some spit and sputter at the edge of the field. I tried predicting what was in the ground, and I got to about 40% success rate by the end of the day. I can't get over how low my tab numbers are now, I have to keep reminding myself how bad those were before I got the sharpshooter. I found a quarter in the same hole as a tab, and I could hear both of them and had id's on both. I should have tried the concentric on that signal and saw what it thought it was. I don't know how you guys remember to do that kind of stuff. I get coin blinded and just dig!
The 1965 quarter in the photo came out of the hole just like you see it. Deepest signal I dug all day, shiny and smashed my dreams when I saw the copper ring around the edge. I have no idea why it survived in that condition, but it got me. I at least found a cold beer today, or at least a token for one. That was probably the coolest find of the trip.

Attachments

• IMG_20150619_210825_kindlephoto-90107488.jpg
    IMG_20150619_210825_kindlephoto-90107488.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 3

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still a nice pile of coins.

I pulled a '66 quarter a few days ago and had an identical reaction; disappointment.

But it's still fun just being there and knowing it "could have been " silver.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put way too much time in for the rewards, but I'm still learning the DD signals on the Gamma 6K. It's phenomenal on spitting out tabs, but it can fool me bad on screwcaps. I've gotten a little better at hearing them, I still have to dig them all, but some spit and sputter at the edge of the field. I tried predicting what was in the ground, and I got to about 40% success rate by the end of the day. I can't get over how low my tab numbers are now, I have to keep reminding myself how bad those were before I got the sharpshooter. I found a quarter in the same hole as a tab, and I could hear both of them and had id's on both. I should have tried the concentric on that signal and saw what it thought it was. I don't know how you guys remember to do that kind of stuff. I get coin blinded and just dig!
The 1965 quarter in the photo came out of the hole just like you see it. Deepest signal I dug all day, shiny and smashed my dreams when I saw the copper ring around the edge. I have no idea why it survived in that condition, but it got me. I at least found a cold beer today, or at least a token for one. That was probably the coolest find of the trip.

And you found enough money to buy a Single Beer if they sell them that way in your area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread