Coinstar Bonanza

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went through my clad over the weekend and part of today's tasks besides work was to deposit the Quarters, Dimes, and Nickels into my hobby account.

20180204_120753.jpg

The next stop was the closest coinstar to run my $13.58 through. When I got to the store a lady was using it. When she got her receipt she walked away without checking the reject tray. :hello2: There were 8 dimes and 2 pennies in the tray (no silvers) :BangHead:. Not gonna complain over free money.

I start the process and only get 1 penny to show on the screen and the machine stopped. I had to find a store associate. One came by with the keys and opened up the machine. There was a pile of coins laying in the machine and asked if those were mine. Of course I said yes. She put all those coins in my container and even cleaned out the dirt tray which gave up the flattened Zoo souvenir penny. I then pulled what pennies that were in the feed. She closed the machine and it would not do anything. I then went to another coinstar machine on the way home. I ran all the pennies through (remember I started with $13.58). As I dumped I pulled all the nickels, dimes and quarters so I could go through them at home. When all was processed I pulled $1.52 of my crappy rejected pennies and got a receipt for $19.99. That means I gained $11.74 in pennies and cashed out $19.99 after the 11.9 percent charge.

I went through the change when I got home. $11.50 in quarters, $6.50 in dimes and $3.00 in nickels. The only noteworthy coin was a 1948 nickel.

All in all I gained $32.74 during my coinstar adventure.

What I came home with

20180205_193126.jpg

GL & HH

Great luck at the coinstar Loco, Congrats!

That’s just awesome my brother. Congrats on the score. People never ceases to amaze me. That’s a lot of money too, I mean in weight!

That's Crazy, Loco! Good job. Of course they were yours. Why'd she even bother askin'?

Keep saving my friend, won't be long now and we'll convert that too lead. LOL

Oooohhhhhh....
Tell me if you felt this way:
Opening the Coinstar, and getting the dirt cup...
Is like sneaking a peek, and copping a feel...
Well, it was for me anyways.:laughing7:

Sweet score Loco

Congratualtions on the extra Coinstar bonus! :notworthy:

Dang and I was pumped up for my .65 cents in clad:laughing7:

You are...the CoinSTAR 😂

Kevin that's funny and a good idea to say the machine is stuck or my coins went in but didn't get counted so they can crack it open and hope theres some coinage lol

Congratulations, good work.:icon_thumleft:
Marvin

I seriously doubt you believing the lady was my forgetful Wife.:dontknow:

Loco, Way to SHAKE YOUR MONEY MAKER! Sub :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back