CoinStar find makes up for Dog droppings

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Hi all,

With my wife out of town, the boys and I headed off to the local grocery store for some supplies last night. The last time my son and I were there, I had sent him over to the CoinStar to check it but some kid was standing in front of it. My son stops and stares at the machine waiting for this kid to leave which gets this kid wondering "What is he looking at?" Kid turns around, looks, and sees money in the tray and pulls it. Lesson learned for my son about drawing attention.

So last night we walk in and he immediately asks to go over while I start getting the veggies. Now I know something is up because he starts running back this time beaming and blathering. No silver coins unfortunately (I think odds are lower in Canada because of the effigy) but what it lacked in quality, it made up for in quantity. Kids split it of course (and asked of their own accord to give some to Salvation Army kettle on way out of store, good kids)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1511971817.322647.jpg
Him finding that made up a little for my crappy hunt at an expropriated home the day before. All I found was an old dog tag and nails. Can't decide if I should give it another chance or not. The tag is 1928 and the foundation is clearly an old place (also on 1877 atlas).
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1511972001.008552.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have yet to see an item in the coin star reject tray. Nice going on the old tag as well.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you have great kids. Think of what the would have if they start detecting at a young age. Great post Tommy

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you. Your boys sound like good kids.
That 1928 dog tag would certainly have me taking another look at that spot.
Good luck and HH.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Coinstar finds,and the dog tag could indicate other items of the same vintage(coins)

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on raising some fine boys. Not everyone that age would give some to the Salvation Army right after finding it. I do like that dog tag also.

OP
OP
D

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Thanks guys. They don't always succeed in being selfless but who among us does?

At some point over the winter I'm going to post an aerial shot of the yard I got the tag in and ask for advice. There's a lot of know how on this forum I'd like to tap.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the old dog tag. Hit the place again.

Sounds like you have great kids. Job well done. Congrats sir!

Best wishes to all of you for the holidays.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heartwarming post. Love the excitement of curious children learning life lessons from their parents. Especially the selfless act of giving to those less fortunate than ourselves. May your guidance to your offspring bring an abundance of good fortune back your way. Thanks for the post mate. Hit that yard again BTW.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread