May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked by my local coinstar machine and as always it was empty. Did my shopping and got in line and saw a woman dumping. I watched her check the bin and walk away. I always check inside below the drop tray so I figured I would walk over and there in the bin is a copper and a dime. I pull them out and it is a 2012-S Silver Dime and a new Canadian penny. Super find! My first silver coin from a coinstar in months.
. IMG_1837.jpg

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool finds! I've been through over one $ hundred thousand in dimes and have found one silver proof, hard to get!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just did a little research and found they only issued 393,757 Silver Proof sets. This, along with the 50,000 limited addition Silver proof sets, means this dime has a mintage of only 443,757 which I believe makes it the lowest mintage Roosevelt dime. Who would have thunk!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great score Jim. I've never found a silver proof dime. Amazing that its a 2012 and someone released it into the wild. No way to know, but I'm curious about how it got released. Probably stolen and spent for face.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread