• IMG_20240102_175010746.jpg
    IMG_20240102_175010746.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 68

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Only Coinstar machine I know of in my area is at a Fred Meyer in Burlington, and it's located about 10' from the customer service counter. There is no door over the reject tray, and I'd bet dimes to dollars that one of the CS people cleans it out every time anythings in the tray. Not once have I ever seen a coin in that reject tray.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul !

Only Coinstar machine I know of in my area is at a Fred Meyer in Burlington, and it's located about 10' from the customer service counter. There is no door over the reject tray, and I'd bet dimes to dollars that one of the CS people cleans it out every time anythings in the tray. Not once have I ever seen a coin in that reject tray.
I think that may be true...I know the workers at Stop and Shop check the coinstar daily...we just have to be quicker. :)

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I visited two coinstar machines today...both had signs saying out of order so I checked anyway....it turned out there were a nice bunch of coins stuck on top that didn't make their way down....so I used a quarter to pull them out.... alittle tedious but it worked....nearly got a silver dime....but it was a 1965...oh well...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I visited two coinstar machines today...both had signs saying out of order so I checked anyway....it turned out there were a nice bunch of coins stuck on top that didn't make their way down....so I used a quarter to pull them out.... alittle tedious but it worked....nearly got a silver dime....but it was a 1965...oh well...
I have often found coins stuck in the dump bin on the right side so now I carry a large paper clip in my billfold that I can bend one leg to pull the coins back without tipping the bin and dumping them into the coinstar.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What few CoinStar's are around here never have anything left in them. They don't get much use and when they do those that use them make sure they get everything and anything they can out of them..

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What few CoinStar's are around here never have anything left in them. They don't get much use and when they do those that use them make sure they get everything and anything they can out of them..
Probably 50% of the time I find something though typically it’s just a zincoln that was rejected. The other day at Wally World I got one coin out of the reject bin, a 2012 polish 10 proszy(?), made of copper and nickel

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine are empty alot of the time too....I imagine you probably check around the top area....and behind the handle...sometimes I'll get a coin or two there...

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably 50% of the time I find something though typically it’s just a zincoln that was rejected. The other day at Wally World I got one coin out of the reject bin, a 2012 polish 10 proszy(?), made of copper and nickel
Sometimes I'll see all the foreign coins left on top... it's fun to see where someone has traveled...

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have often found coins stuck in the dump bin on the right side so now I carry a large paper clip in my billfold that I can bend one leg to pull the coins back without tipping the bin and dumping them into the coinstar.
A paperclip is a great idea! Thanks for the tip. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions