CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I visited two coinstar machines today...both had signs saying out of order so I checked anyway....it turned out there were a nice bunch of coins stuck on top that didn't make their way down....so I used a quarter to pull them out.... alittle tedious but it worked....nearly got a silver dime....but it was a 1965...oh well...
You know you've got it bad when you're digging them out like that!
(I, too, use another coin!!)
Not many other people understand this hobby of obsessively checking the coinstar... and then jonesing for the dang Brinks truck to show up and empty it so you can start checking it again.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you've got it bad when you're digging them out like that!
(I, too, use another coin!!)
Not many other people understand this hobby of obsessively checking the coinstar... and then jonesing for the dang Brinks truck to show up and empty it so you can start checking it again.
CTXAgetter,
It's comforting to know there are others out there with that kind of tenacity. :)

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the Wallyworld coinstar this morning, found two coins. The clad dime was in the reject bin, the Merc was in the dump bin trapped on the rh side between the bin and the opening. Had to use my paper clip to pull it out without letting it fall into the machine.

Attachments

• IMG_2665.jpeg
    IMG_2665.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the Wallyworld coinstar this morning, found two coins. The clad dime was in the reject bin, the Merc was in the dump bin trapped on the rh side between the bin and the opening. Had to use my paper clip to pull it out without letting it fall into the machine.
Great save! Nice, very nice!

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread