Cold Beach Hunt

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went detecting yesterday at a seeded hunt in the pouring rain. There was moderate rain when we started, the temperature was 41 degrees with 22mph winds from the NE off the ocean and gusts to 29mph making it feel between 28 and 30 degrees. It was brutal. By the time we were done everyone was soaked to the skin that wasn't wearing protective rain gear.

I wound up with the following: One 1911 Barber Quarter, four buffalo nickels dated 1919, two dated 1935, and one dated 1919.

Also got three Indian Head pennies (1879, 1883 & 1902).

I also found a token of some kind for a 20th anniversary with dates from 1875 to 1895 along with a broken piece of jewelry with a few things missing. It was wet, soggy, cold and miserable, but I had a great time. Not bad for the first time out this year.

resized.jpg

Upvote 0

Ollieboy

Nov 3, 2006
America's home town
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes Tiger Shark w/clean sweep
Matt that was an awesome rainy day in my estimation. You never did say what beach. I'm in Plymouth and hunt beaches all the time but never got any older coins before. Nice goin.
Olliboy

OP
OP
Mat in MA

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie - You have to take into consideration that this was a SEEDED hunt. All the coins were planted by the organizers of the hunt. I'd sure like to find some good stuff like that at the beach any time.

I've had my post up for a while and I'm surprised that nobody has seen the error in my post. I said that I found a 1911 Barber Quarter. That is incorrect. It is actually a 1911 Barber Nickel or 'V' Nickel. I guess no one noticed the size difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread