SHERMANVILLE

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picture is not needed! just close your eyes and imagine high winds and low temperatures. I feel ya partner my hands are still numb after today! Just think how our friends feel up north eh?

coinstar

Apr 8, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it'cold up here in R.I. but I'm going to the beach tomorrow.Wish me luck.

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
A PENNEY FOR A DAY AT THE BEACH. CAN'T BEAT THAT. ;D ;D

OP
OP
P

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
Sorry about the no pictures...Ill be sure and get some on my next outing.....likely Saturday!!!! :tongue3: :thumbsup:

B

BIG61AL

with out a picture how can we be sure you really found that much? Just kidding. i had days just like yours too.

OP
OP
P

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
I guess I shoulda mentioned I just started this Metal Detecting thingy about a week and a half ago...

The wife told me the guy across the street was having a Garage Sale and If I wanted to go look over the junk to get outta bed and get over there...so about 4hrs. later I make my way across the street to see what he's got. I spot a metal detector sitting in the corner and ask him about it. He told me it was a Brand new Garrett Ace 150, he bought it because his Mother in law lost a ring in the yard, used it one time and never found the ring. I told him I had $30 on me and that was about it, he took it.
Been to the beach about 4-5 times, and recently to the park. Total thus far is about .50 and a Rabies Tag from 2006, I guess not too bad so far!!! I like this detector but I realize its a entry level beginners detector and Im already finding out its little quirks, Ghost signals at the beach, pin pointing is "iffy" at times, etc... Im already looking over some of the better detectors and taking notes so when spring comes around Ill be able to make a good decision as to what would be the best one for me. Ill likely be using it more at the beaches since we live litterally 10min. from the beach but I also want a good one for land. Not in a big hurry but will be keeping my eye out!!!!!
There ya have it! :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Painter65 said:
Sorry about the no pictures...Ill be sure and get some on my next outing.....likely Saturday!!!! :tongue3: :thumbsup:

We will hold you accountable for your word :D Welcome and you will eventually find some good stuff. Give it time :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread