cold day warm gold

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• gold 12-16 179.JPG
    gold 12-16 179.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is always good to look at pville! So I'd guess you mean the gold warmed up once it was out of the cold water unless of course you are working a volcano vent. Glad you fellas got out for some play time. Was this from the location you posted all the pictures about a few months back??..........63bkpkr

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mellowyellow we were cleaning eroded Gold rush era tailings off of bedrock and sluicing.63 it is the same creek but, a ways up stream from the pics where they were actually sluicing in the 1850's.....it was never reworked during the depression so there is still a lot of nice sized gold left. Hopefully Gravel washer posts pics his take was better then mine. He was only 15 feet upstream from me.

El Dorado Seeker

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much work did you put into this? Costs of the exploration, food, cold hands and feet... etc?
Did you find it in a few days or was this "the wash" of a longer period of time?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pic, looks like you did pretty good today while the clouds were gone. :)

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pville, prospecting is just like real estate, location, location, location. Glad the spot is yielding the yellow metal for ya....63bkpkr

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much work did you put into this? Costs of the exploration, food, cold hands and feet... etc?
Did you find it in a few days or was this "the wash" of a longer period of time?

:laughing7: pull out of driveway...turn....drive 6 minutes.....park...unload car......reload Sam Colt:thumbsup:.....Head downhill to creek 7 minutes cause I know right where were goin'.Hit an exposed bedrock shelf....Gravelwasher...owns a pair of Goldseeking Metal free Converse Combat boots that stopped him 15 feet short of me and they sure did their job Sunday didn't they Gravelwasher:notworthy:.amount of work was about 5 hours of Poppin' bedrock, scraping Moss digging cracks. We were both running Drop Riffle sluices, his is an angus mckirk, mine a cutom drop generic from Placerville hardware with added aluminium flare...ample flow so we could both set up quick and do clean outs easily. gravel wasnt classifying i was because I was on clay. We each dug combined maybe a 1/8 yard...:dontknow:We carry down a 3gal bucket each all manners of sniping gear and prybar,shovels,picks. Yet still very light and mobile.All my gear is payed for and pays for more.Food....we shared a hunk of Salami and I had some crackers and a bag of chips. My feet and hands were both cold It was gray and even rained a bit....And I can't say I wanted it any different.I looked at my phone and whoooa crap its 3:15.....told the wife I would be home around 2:00....He..he.he..There is no sense of time when your on color all day......so final clean up....pack up...walk back...reload car,unload Peacemaker...drive home...back by four. Good day off....freezing in Garage didn't want to start fire just for Blue Bowl....So Beer, snuffer bottle and dining room table was finishing station.Research and time on the ground are key.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had all the bases covered pvillehunter. A day on the creek, with
a prospecting partner, finding gold...oh yeah! I can see the time getting away
from you for sure.

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
You didn't tell us what type of salami you ate! Was it hard salami , Italian salami, spicy salami, that paper wrapped salami ??? Hahahaha.

Oh how lucky you are Pville! Great gold only minutes from your crib. Your well detailed itinerary got my gold fever blood running again. Crap! Gonna have to tell the wife I'm
Going on a another trip soon! Wish me luck, not with gold, but with the wife ! LOL.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
................last night,pulling up my drive way,there was a guy in the pouring down rain(wipers couldnt hardly keep up)cleaning out some crevices(a spot a lot of locals go)I thought,DEVOTION,or STARVING!!I remember those days,still have the passion,but will wait for the rain to stop :laughing7:

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
here it is

All right guys and gals heres the take for last Sundays sluice run in the cold. :headbang: Love that chunky gold!! Thanks again for sharing your spot Pville

Attachments

• goodgold.JPG
    goodgold.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 188
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres the pics.....Nice gold for sure glad you stopped where you did.I will let you know next time I have a sunday off.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice chunkies. :)

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im Jealous I spent all day Sat dredging in 40 deg water for some flour gold.Had a 175 mile each way drive.CONGRATS on the nice shine.

CIMG0171.jpg

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing7: pull out of driveway...turn....drive 6 minutes.....park...unload car......reload Sam Colt:thumbsup:.....Head downhill to creek 7 minutes cause I know right where were goin'.Hit an exposed bedrock shelf....Gravelwasher...owns a pair of Goldseeking Metal free Converse Combat boots that stopped him 15 feet short of me and they sure did their job Sunday didn't they Gravelwasher:notworthy:.amount of work was about 5 hours of Poppin' bedrock, scraping Moss digging cracks. We were both running Drop Riffle sluices, his is an angus mckirk, mine a cutom drop generic from Placerville hardware with added aluminium flare...ample flow so we could both set up quick and do clean outs easily. gravel wasnt classifying i was because I was on clay. We each dug combined maybe a 1/8 yard...:dontknow:We carry down a 3gal bucket each all manners of sniping gear and prybar,shovels,picks. Yet still very light and mobile.All my gear is payed for and pays for more.Food....we shared a hunk of Salami and I had some crackers and a bag of chips. My feet and hands were both cold It was gray and even rained a bit....And I can't say I wanted it any different.I looked at my phone and whoooa crap its 3:15.....told the wife I would be home around 2:00....He..he.he..There is no sense of time when your on color all day......so final clean up....pack up...walk back...reload car,unload Peacemaker...drive home...back by four. Good day off....freezing in Garage didn't want to start fire just for Blue Bowl....So Beer, snuffer bottle and dining room table was finishing station.Research and time on the ground are key.
VERY nice write-up! Tnx. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions