cold/flu season is early beware

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just want to let everyone know, that banks are a breeding ground for illness. I got sick two days ago. If you see hand sanitizer USE IT. Infact, as a CRH'er, you should have hand sanitizer in the car. Remember, tellas are not paid for sick days, make next to nothing, and will loose their job if they don't show up, so they are essentially forced to work if they are sick (thats what one at PNC told me).

Super_Orange_CupPacket.jpg

Vitamin C is a must if you CRH during sick season.

purell.jpg

A good investment

Upvote 0

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by a dump bank last year. Poor girl had allergies and a head ache so I went to the drug store for her and got her some allergy meds. She asked what she owed me I told her nothing and if i was in the same boat I would hope someone would do it for me. I got some silver for face for it in the long run, Karma will make you or break you!

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Cooper, that was very nice of you. Hope some AG comes back your way for your kind deed.

no way i ain't touching that antibacterial s%$#t

it's just alcohol, rubbing alcohol and a few other ingrediants. the antibacterial :censored: you speak of is, triclosan, which is :censored: and is not found in purell.

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've said it before and I'll say it again. 5000 iu of Vitamin D3 daily will keep you from getting a cold.

Tipton

Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my flu shot early this year and wash my hands all the time.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah my doc told me because of chemo I had to stay away from crowds and use a mask when I go out in public. I looked at him and just laughed, telling him I am a cashier. I am around people all the time and have to talk to them. I mean really, I can't hold up signs or anything. If people are sick, use the hand sanitizer but I live in the farm and I think people over sanitize. I haven't gotten sick for years save for maybe a bit of chest congestion that nothing a hot shower and bundling up in blankets doesn't cure. I have gotten the flu shot twice and have gotten sick twice and have stayed away from the flu shot since. I am going to call him and ask about getting the flu shot or not, since I am undergoing Chemo. Worse comes to worse I'll wear a mask at work. But seriously people, if you are sick, stay the hell home!! Phone your friends, get them to pick you up supplies and leave the money at the door so your friend doesn't get sick helping you out. I've had 2 people who have come in looking like death warmed over and puking all over our store's floors!! Stay home. Not even silver is worth getting pheumonia or a hospital stay over.

sincerely, GarouLady

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flu shots are a good idea - they cover most common strains of flu, and will provide immunity against those strains. Hand sanitizer and avoiding people with colds (and not coughing or sneezing on people) are good practices.

Vitamin C (including emergenC) and vitamin D do absolutely nothing to prevent colds. Colds are caused by viruses/bacteria and though most people think that loading up on vitamins will supercharge their immune system, there is no evidence in studies that prove this.

Stay healthy this season, and HH!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flu shots are a good idea - they cover most common strains of flu, and will provide immunity against those strains. Hand sanitizer and avoiding people with colds (and not coughing or sneezing on people) are good practices.

Vitamin C (including emergenC) and vitamin D do absolutely nothing to prevent colds. Colds are caused by viruses/bacteria and though most people think that loading up on vitamins will supercharge their immune system, there is no evidence in studies that prove this.

Flu shots are only effective in about 4-6% of people who get then- they are poisonous and more harmful than good- the only times I had flu shots are the years I got the flu- every year ive taken care of myself and not gotten the "vaccine" ive been fine and healthy-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

Immune-enhancing role of vitamin C and zinc and effect on clinical conditions.
Immune-enhancing role of vitamin C and zinc a... [Ann Nutr Metab. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

These trials document that adequate intakes of vitamin C and zinc ameliorate symptoms and shorten the duration of respiratory tract infections including the common cold.

Vitamin D and the immune system.
Vitamin D and the immune system. [J Investig Med. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

The effectiveness of vitamin C in preventing and relieving the symptoms of virus-induced respiratory infections.
The effectiveness of vitamin C i... [J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1999] - PubMed - NCBI

RESULTS:

Overall, reported flu and cold symptoms in the test group decreased 85% compared with the control group after the administration of megadose Vitamin C.

Effect of vitamin C on common cold: randomized controlled trial.
Effect of vitamin C on common cold: randomiz... [Eur J Clin Nutr. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

Low Vitamin D Levels Associated with Colds and Flu
Low Vitamin D Levels Associated with Colds and Flu - NIH Research Matters - National Institutes of Health (NIH)

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you even read any of these studies?

Probably from the same brilliant scientists who brought us global warming...

Attachments

• image-2541986404.jpg
    image-2541986404.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2592353109.jpg
    image-2592353109.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 104

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Overdoing the various vitamins can do more harm than good too. If I need vitamin C, I drink good old orange juice. I have to stay away from chamomile and echineaua(sp?) because I am allergic to those. Only time I go to doctor's is when I have serious chest congestion or ear pain. having menierre's disease stinks, having menierre's disease on top of ear infection is a whole new world of hurt. And chest issues, i don't mess with those. Sometimes the simplest things help the most. Hot shower, drinking mint tea with honey, electric blanket. I have found that when I get a seriously scratchy throat that prologues a cold or chest issue, drinking hot nestea with honey/sugar and lemon does wonders. Even just a spoonful of honey helps my throat better than any throat lozenge and it's cheaper.

Anyhow, I am going to get wrapped up in blankets because its just a bit chilly tonight. I so miss the 70 degree weather.

Sincerely, GarouLady

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you even read any of these studies?

Probably from the same brilliant scientists who brought us global warming...

Those studies likely are. My studies are not. These "clinical studies" you reference were likely done cross-spectrum which means they likely included smokers, obese people, older people, younger people, and people with unhealthy lifestyles in general. This much included is bound not to produce consistent results. Two of the studies I linked state healthy adults as I recall, and one of them was in Japan, in which alot of people get good nutrition from the start.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread