Cold Streak Broken: VIRGINIA STAFF MUFFIN BUTTON, Best Gilted Eagle "A" & more!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold Streak Broken: VIRGINIA STAFF MUFFIN BUTTON, Best Gilted Eagle "A" & more!

Hey Guys. I've been on a cold streak these last couple weeks and haven't posted anything as I hadn't dug anything

really worth posting, meanwhile, Jeff had been tearing it up with the Cob, Posie Ring and Shilling ...so I

definitely had a HUGE MONKEY on my back :munky2: :-\ ;D But yesterday I finally got a really nice

find with this 3 piece Virginia Staff!!!

At first I thought it might be a Yankee State button but when I brushed it lightly and saw that banner with "Sic

Semper Tyrannis"
I knew instantly that it was a Confederate Staff Button. Man, did it definitely take that monkey

off my back! :munky2::whip2:

ALSO... found a BEAUTY of an Eagle "A" yesterday that after cleaning looks like it has about 99% of

the gilt still remaining. I dug this button after we left and went to another spot.. dug at same place I found that pretty Eagle A at last month. I figured there was a few more signals hiding in there and this was one of them!

Here's the Pics:

Virginia Staff Button (Backmark: HORSTMANN & CO. / PHILA 1859-1863)
Before Brushing
MD Pics 288.jpg

After Brushing
MD Pics 294.jpg

Eagle "A" w/ lots of gilt still remaining & hard-to-find "Dimpled" shield (Backmark: Horstmann & Allien N.Y.)
MD Pics 292.jpg

Group shot: Virginia Staff, Eagle "A", 2 General Service Eagles, and 1 Indian Wars
MD Pics 296.jpg

Enfield OR Springfield Lock-Plate (Will know after finish electrolysis)
MD Pics 304.jpg

-Confederate used Rosette

-Bullets

-Silver quarter, silver dime, and silver crown from someones tooth

-Colonial Buckle, Very Ornate Gilted Buckle and Kepi Buckle

-Silver Rosette front from Campsite at 9 inches down

-Piece from CW Engineer's Protractor, Game piece, and other stuff

[size=12pt]THE WHOLE LOT:[/size]
MD Pics 295.jpg

-Civil war or Earlier Brass ring with Scales motif
MD Pics 297.jpg

Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Re: Cold STREAK BROKEN...VIRGINIA STAFF BUTTON!

Good Lord, you weren't kidding when you said that Eagle "A" came out nice :o :o :o :o :o oh yeah, that measly rebel button too :laughing9: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Bet ur glad I punched you the other day :D :icon_thumleft:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Josh,

It is good to see one of my 'ole-time friends posting again. :headbang: I am happy for you, bud. Keep digging that dirt and you will succeed. Thanks for being a good friend of mine on here. Take care! :hello:

Kirk

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Two good ones. :thumbsup: Too bad the condition wasn't reversed!

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
Two good ones. :thumbsup: Too bad the condition wasn't reversed!

Yeah, you RARELY find Civil War Buttons with that much gilt on them. Still extremely happy with the Virginia as

the detail is very crisp and sharp.. :icon_thumleft: :D

umrgolf2000 said:
Good Lord, you weren't kidding when you said that Eagle "A" came out nice :o :o :o :o :o oh yeah, that measly rebel button too :laughing9: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Bet ur glad I punched you the other day :D :icon_thumleft:

Yeah, i tried to tell you it was loaded with gilt! Thanks Jeff, felt good to get back in the saddle... and indeed, 'one punch passed on deserves another returned' ;D :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kirk PA said:
Josh,

It is good to see one of my 'ole-time friends posting again. :headbang: I am happy for you, bud. Keep digging that dirt and you will succeed. Thanks for being a good friend of mine on here. Take care! :hello:

Kirk

Thanks Kirk :wink: :icon_thumleft: You know it, we've been friends since the beginning :wink: :wink: :wink: :icon_king:

BTW, Those are some Beauties that you and Kyle have been pullin off that site. I love to see colonial coppers

like that....that come out of the ground so green and pretty.....Just like your GW Halfpenny; which is still one of my

favorite

coins off all time on TNet bud :headbang: :headbang: :wink: :wink: :wink:

some fine colonial coppers you and your brother are pulling off that site

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Sentinel,

Great lot of buttons once again.
It's sometimes hard after hitting a site like your current banner post to get excited about any hunt that doesn't match it for quality,
but that staff button is SWEET, and it looks like your'e back in the saddle again.
Congrats!

Dwayne

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man Sentinel I have never seen a better condition button dug out of the ground. :thumbsup: Jeffs been on a roll lately, looks like its your turn now to let it roll. Good luck. :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What IP said Josh.......Beautiful button's buddy. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mainer said:
Man Sentinel I have never seen a better condition button dug out of the ground. :thumbsup: Jeffs been on a roll lately, looks like its your turn now to let it roll. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Thanks Mainer...That represents one of the BEST gilted buttons that I have EVER dug! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: I still cannot believe that I dug it looking that good, but as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow I DID. I would've gotten a pic before cleaning but didn't think it was going to have THAT MUCH gilting on it. Jeff saw me dig it and it was a GOOD 12-14 inches down...DEEP!!! Just a small BLIP ;D ;D ;D But I Nabbed that sucker ;D :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: Thanks my good friend! :wink: :wink: :wink:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Cold Streak Broken: VIRGINIA STAFF MUFFIN BUTTON and more

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That is one of the best dug A buttons that I have ever seen. What fantastic condition. And that Virginia Staff button is awesome as well. Very nice assortment of CW relics. What a way to break your cold streak. You deserve a huge pat on the back for those great recoveries.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

allen said:
you didnt just get the monkey off your back, you thrashed him good !

Thanks Allen!! ;D :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :wink:

treasurehound said:
That is one of the best dug A buttons that I have ever seen. What fantastic condition. And that Virginia Staff button is awesome as well. Very nice assortment of CW relics. What a way to break your cold streak. You deserve a huge pat on the back for those great recoveries.
Thanks TreasureHound, I was feeling abit down there for a minute and I gotta tell you, its guys like you and Allen above that turn that around; so I definitely appreciate your compliments and I gotta tell you THANKS VERY MUCH for that 'virtual' "Pat on the back" buddy! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

awesome buttons Josh!

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cntrydncr1 said:
awesome buttons Josh!

Thanks Country :wink:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Very Nice Recoveries Josh. Those are buttons rarely recovered in this day and time. You say you didn't find much of nothing in the past two weeks-You must have been hunting in Tennessee-LOL The site must be incredible with lots of Army of Virginia troops in the area. WTG and your reputation stays intact. HH my friend, Quindy.

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3

Very nice cw relics :icon_thumleft:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Re: Cold Streak Broken: VIRGINIA STAFF MUFFIN BUTTON, Best Gilted Eagle "A" & more!

Those are nice finds.

Lots of gilt on that one.

HH Jer

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Re: Cold Streak Broken: VIRGINIA STAFF MUFFIN BUTTON, Best Gilted Eagle "A" & more!

Cold streaks are meant to be broken, Josh! You will now be on a hot streak until the day you retire your detector! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread